Anyone have problems with the orientation the photos come out from the Lumia 1020? I would always hold the phone horizontal and use the camera button to take photos. Sometimes the photos come in one orientation and other times they need to be rotated 90 degrees. Any ideas why this is happening? When viewing the photos in camera roll, holding the phone vertical again I get full screen photos and swipe left/right for next/prev. But in the other orientation that sometimes the photos come out in, I need to rotate left 90 degrees to achieve the same.
    08-05-2013 05:11 PM
    Anyone have problems with the orientation the photos come out from the Lumia 1020? I would always hold the phone horizontal and use the camera button to take photos. Sometimes the photos come in one orientation and other times they need to be rotated 90 degrees. Any ideas why this is happening? When viewing the photos in camera roll, holding the phone vertical again I get full screen photos and swipe left/right for next/prev. But in the other orientation that sometimes the photos come out in, I need to rotate left 90 degrees to achieve the same.
    When snapping photos, pay attention to the orientation of the icons. They should rotate to landscape when the phone is on its side. If they don't, it will shoot a landscape shot as portrait. Also, you can always rotate the image after the fact and save changes to camera roll using Nokia Pro Cam.

Also, I think there might have been an issue with Camera Pro that shipped with the phone. Check the market place for an update if it hasn't been pushed to your phone already (ver 1.6.0.2).
    08-05-2013 05:34 PM
    When snapping photos, pay attention to the orientation of the icons. They should rotate to landscape when the phone is on its side. If they don't, it will shoot a landscape shot as portrait. Also, you can always rotate the image after the fact and save changes to camera roll using Nokia Pro Cam.

Also, I think there might have been an issue with Camera Pro that shipped with the phone. Check the market place for an update if it hasn't been pushed to your phone already (ver 1.6.0.2).
    Thanks. Yes I noticed the icons change orientation too. I did not notice how they were during this weekend when I was taking pictures, maybe they were off or a problem with the accelerometer. I'll keep an eye and see if this problem comes up again. I know it's easy to rotate them but when I have taken over 150 photos and about 50 of them came out with the wrong orientation, it takes time :(
    08-05-2013 09:32 PM
    It is easy to open the camera app and quickly change the orientation and snap a picture before the software switches. I had the same issue from time to time with my iphones also. Watch the icons and make sure they are correct before you snap the picture as si49 pointed out.
    08-05-2013 09:53 PM
    I had the same problem happen to me. The camera would never switch to landscape mode. I also noticed in here maps live sight, when I went into landscape ar mode all text was upside down. Whatever determines orientation must have crashed. The problem persisted until I reset my phone (power on/off).
    08-12-2013 11:47 AM
    I have the same issue with my 1020. However mine is with orientation for everything, texts, emails, etc. I think my.phone is going back because I have been unable to fix the orientation. I would live to not have to return my phone.
    08-18-2013 12:37 PM
    I had the same issue and a power off/on fixed it for me. so far so good.
    08-18-2013 07:12 PM