04-02-2014 07:47 PM
50 12
tools
    The Glance screen to me was one of the most minor features to the Amber update when I read about it here. After using my 1020 for a week I have to say it's one of my most liked features. It's so convenient and with the AMOLED screen I have been able to set it to always on with no battery issues. If we could get it to show a email, txt etc counter/icon it would be perfect!
    Dereck Kalish likes this.
    08-05-2013 09:42 PM
    Not a big deal to me. Like it though.
    08-05-2013 10:21 PM
    The night mode looks like a really cool feature. When I used BlackBerry I liked bedtime mode for dimming the clock. The clock on the BlackBerry still was in white, just not as bright. The red WP Glance night mode would be even better as a clock on one's nightstand.
    techiedude007 likes this.
    08-05-2013 10:23 PM
    Honestly, I don't use it. I wear a watch so the glance screen doesn't mean much to me. A year ago, it might have been more useful (I was between watches at the time).
    08-05-2013 10:32 PM
    I love it! This was a very breakthrough feature I was missing from my old N9. I still am missing the other 50% though, the notifications on the screen. Nothing beats simply glancing over to your phone and see if you have a missed call/text/email/etc. I think WP does not have the API calls for Nokia to use, otherwise they would have added it. Hoping for this in future updates.

PS Motorola recently copied this in their upcoming phone and I predict they will market the crap out of it.
    08-06-2013 04:25 AM
    I like the peek feature.
    08-06-2013 06:06 AM
    I love it! I still am missing the other 50% though, the notifications on the screen. Nothing beats simply glancing over to your phone and see if you have a missed call/text/email/etc.
    This! Totally agree - if they can add the information that they already include in the lockscreen to the Glance screen, this would be a great feature add!
    08-06-2013 07:13 AM
    Pretty useless to me until we start seeing notifications.
    08-06-2013 10:19 AM
    I now wear a watch to be cool. I check the time on Peek. Nice party trick...
    08-06-2013 10:21 AM
    I had it turned off because I was scared it was a battery drain and also for AMO-LED "Burn In". As others have stated, the fact it doesn't show notifications usually forces you to hit the power button anyways.
    jaymojones likes this.
    08-06-2013 11:02 AM
    I had it turned off because I was scared it was a battery drain and also for AMO-LED "Burn In". As others have stated, the fact it doesn't show notifications usually forces you to hit the power button anyways.
    Would like for lockscreen notifications to be moved to glance screen too but double tap screen instead of using power button; this brings up the lockscreen w/o using power button 😊
    fpostrow likes this.
    08-06-2013 11:45 AM
    It's one feature that has become a must for me using Symbian and MeeGo phones.
    Though having no notifications present (like on Symbian and N9) makes it mostly useless for me. Because then you need to take the extra step and check the lockscreen.

After notifications are implemented, the I will be more than happy.
    08-06-2013 11:50 AM
    I like it but just afraid of burned screen :/
    08-06-2013 12:54 PM
    I think that all old N9 users have been missing it and double tap too ... I have it on Lumia 920 now, even it is not amoled screen, some is absolutely better for this purpose.

Anyway, I hope that too, that Nokia will improve it in the next update, to have some simple notification to tell us that we should check our phone (for message, call, etc.)
    08-06-2013 12:56 PM
    the new Moto X has this feature too but they did it so much better. they included notifications! I think I'll be switching over to try android since I'm getting impatient with waiting for microsoft to bring updates with useful features for real life use. That's why I'm thinking of getting the Moto X. 4 reasons. Their glance screen, handless voice activation, customiation, and as mentioned above, I'm getting tired of waiting for cool mindblowing features from Microsoft. Android seems to be getting amazing features all the time. I don't remember where I heard this, I think it was on a WP podcast or something, but sometimes, you just want to be on the winning side. I've had the Samsung Focus, and now the Nokia 920, fyi.
    08-06-2013 01:05 PM
    it moves around so no burn in
    xandros9 likes this.
    08-06-2013 01:10 PM
    I like it, even though I wear a watch. I just wish you could turn it off when it is plugged in and charging, don't need to see it on all night. I ended up just flipping the phone over each night now.
    08-06-2013 07:46 PM
    I like the red night mode quite a bit personally.
    08-06-2013 07:53 PM
    I likw it but more excited about being able to use nokia pro cam. people seem to be forgetting about thisone lol
    MDak280 likes this.
    08-06-2013 08:01 PM
    I likw it but more excited about being able to use nokia pro cam. people seem to be forgetting about thisone lol
    Yes, that app looks awesome with great tutorials.
    08-06-2013 08:08 PM
    Wait, Glance Screen doesn't show notifications? All this time I thought it did but if it only shows the time then it's not as useful as I thought. I was looking forward to this!

I haven't forgotten, I'm so excited about Pro Cam :D
    08-07-2013 12:21 AM
    I like it, even though I wear a watch. I just wish you could turn it off when it is plugged in and charging, don't need to see it on all night. I ended up just flipping the phone over each night now.
    Can you use the peek option?
    08-07-2013 12:26 AM
    I like it but just afraid of burned screen :/
    This shoudn't be an issue, because the clock moves slowly up and down the screen if you have it on all the time.
    08-07-2013 02:22 AM
    This! Totally agree - if they can add the information that they already include in the lockscreen to the Glance screen, this would be a great feature add!
    Totally agree, it would significantly boost the usefulness of glance screen.

What's interesting though is that battery charging shows, but notifications don't.
    08-07-2013 02:24 AM
    The reason it doesn't show notifications is because of Microsoft's incompetence. I wish Nokia had full control over WP's development.
    08-07-2013 02:28 AM
50 12