Photo Ratio-4:3 vs 16:9

pearyy

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Although the 4:3 ratio offers more pixels, I would say that most people prefer the 16:9 because it gives a wider view. :angel:

si49

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Since people can resize photos however they want after the fact, I wish there was some way to use the whole phone's sensor and figure it out later...
personally, I am using 4:3.

upadhyerohan

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
4:3 Aspect ratio was used in older TV versions now a days most of the screens are using 16:9 ratio. Most of the wide screen LED TV and PC, LAPs monitor are 16:9 ratio when you are watching your photos which are 4:3 ratio on LED TV's a black strip arises on both side to fill the empty space If you are using 16:9 the phto is displayed on the whole screen though 16:9 shows less MP they are visulalized much better on LED screens. It would be better to save a wallpaper on your laptop or destop if you are taking photos in 16:9 ratio. My HDTV has 16.9 ratio, which I assume is better to view full 1920 X 1080 HD. 16:9 is good for videos and photos but for ebooks 4:3 uis better one.
May this reply would help you in choosing the ratio I tried using this thing on my camera.:smile:

John20212

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Choose based on what you are taking a photo of, I switch between the 2 setting as needed based on the subject matter.

TexasLabRat

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
The sensor isn't a circle actually. According to Nokia's old camera boss Damian Dinning (very active in twitter), the full 41MP sensor simply isn't even offered as there were dark areas towards the outermost parts of the sensor.

With 808 PureView you can actually take full 41MP pictures.

Walking on the wild side: upping the Nokia 808 to full 41MP status?

Yes, I think Maersk is aware the sensor isn't a circle..that's why you can't take circle photos ;) The light path is circular..and so if you want to maintain one of those 2 aspect ratios you necessarily via geometry are going to underutilize the sensor. The hack/mod you posted is interesting but of questionable value since it simply allows the sensor to create data from areas not receiving direct light..and what little illumination does fall on those pixels is composed of refracted/reflected/scattered photons so not so helpful in the overall image. But as an example of what one can do in Symbian sans the more extensively locked-down environment of WP8..yeah it's pretty cool.

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I really prefer 16:9 ... maybe just in some certain case, I might use 4:3 and then I swich back to 16:9

"upadhyerohan" explained it pretty well, 5 messages up ... and I think that too, that the wider photos look better :)

EchoRedux

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
4:3 takes better looking photos, especially if you print your photos out. 16:9 is better for video. I think 16:9 is weird for photos unless the target is the landscape.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos