Lumia 1020 Cannot Update Me tile image posting only to MSFT account

CheekyTaurus

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Curious to see how many 1020 users out there are having this issue. I have confirmed it with one other and it still persists even after a hard reset of the device.

To reproduce this, you must have a Microsoft Account AND a Facebook account configured on your device and your ME tile image should currently be your Facebook profile pic.

To reproduce:

1) Tap ME tile
2) Tap your image
3) Next screen, tap your image again
4) Choose a photo
5) CHANGE DROPDOWN to post ONLY to MSFT account, not Facebook.
6) Tap Post button

Does your Me tile image change to the image you just selected?

bawboh86

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Nope, it's still my FB/Twitter pic. I can even go to Microsoft's site and change it there, and it won't update. One thing to consider: I'm using a hotmail email address as my primary, not an outlook.com address. Do you think there's still something messing with it from Hotmail? (I doubt it, but it's a thought)

CheekyTaurus

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Nope, it's still my FB/Twitter pic. I can even go to Microsoft's site and change it there, and it won't update. One thing to consider: I'm using a hotmail email address as my primary, not an outlook.com address. Do you think there's still something messing with it from Hotmail? (I doubt it, but it's a thought)
I don't think so. I pulled out my 820 and my 920 last night and did the same thing and it worked just fine - my MSFT acct is a hotmail account.

This issue appears to be limited to the Lumia 1020 and is either an Amber or a GDR2 issue. I am guessing GDR2 is the most likely place for the bug.

bawboh86

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Here's an interesting thing I noticed. When I go to outlook.com, it uses my Hotmail image. I have my Facebook and Microsoft accounts connected to Bing, but Bing defaults to my Facebook image.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa