Get your accessories act together, Nokia

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Why is it so hard for Nokia to provide consumers with ample supply of official accessories? It took forever to pick up a CC1037 softshell in Cyan for my 900 and CC1043 softshell in Red for my 920. There isn't even a glimmer of hope that the Yellow camera grip and charging shell will be readily available for my 1020 soon. In addition to Black, ATT website just recently posted an option for the White camera grip, but that still shows out of stock; no option for Yellow at all.

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Why is it so hard for Nokia to provide consumers with ample supply of official accessories? It took forever to pick up a CC1037 softshell in Cyan for my 900 and CC1043 softshell in Red for my 920. There isn't even a glimmer of hope that the Yellow camera grip and charging shell will be readily available for my 1020 soon. In addition to Black, ATT website just recently posted an option for the White camera grip, but that still shows out of stock; no option for Yellow at all.

Lookout. Its return of the armchair CEO. Anyway, you can't blame AT&T for only keeping a limited amount in stock. Inventory is a huge drain on the bottom line and a total loss when you have to write it off. To give you an example from the other side of the fence. I bet we cannot even guess how much suppliers lost due to inventory writedowns when AAPL changed to their new connector.

Just be patient grasshopper.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Haven't really had much problems with accessories here in Sweden.
Though with Lumia 920 accessories there was quite a bit of out of stock, like the phone itself.

nola75

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't take AT&T completely off the hook although you have to wonder whether it is Microsoft that has been getting the real preferential treatment from Nokia when it comes to accessories. That might explain the free camera grip offer for one thing. Although AT&T seems to have had no problem shipping its phones on time, when it comes to the white camera grip it is an entirely different story. Only "available" online AT&T seems to have taken quite a few preorders without, to my knowledge shipping any or even providing an expected delivery date once the original July 25 date passed. My order was placed within the first three hours of the start of preorders on July 16. AT&T is not even pretending to offer wireless charging cases in any color while reports from Microsoft stores paint an entirely different picture. The black case is available online now from Microsoft and mine should arrive Friday. Wireless charging cases are no longer even offered by Amazon and Expansys offers them but has none in stock. Based on early availability it appears that Nokia has given Microsoft the sweetheart accessory deal for now.

antiochian2010

May 11, 2013
Visit site
I picked up the phone last week; already had the camera grip delivered before and today picked up the AGF shell.

I think the accessory offerings have been pretty good as far as the launch of this phone.

nola75

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
AT&T has been fine with the black camera grip and the cases and screen protectors it sells. Of five preorders I made, four shipped on time or even early. However the availability of the camera grip in white has been illusory and AT&T isn't even pretending to carry the yellow one. Also, based on its web page, Nokia may not even be planning to produce a white charging shell. Black and yellow are the only colors listed as "coming soon" on the 1020 accessories page. When people complained about the limited color choices for the phone they had no idea how hard it would be to find accessories in even the three colors Nokia decided to go with. Presumable this will sort itself out in the next month but it certainly supports the decision to only launch with three colors at the start.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Lookout. Its return of the armchair CEO. Anyway, you can't blame AT&T for only keeping a limited amount in stock. Inventory is a huge drain on the bottom line and a total loss when you have to write it off. To give you an example from the other side of the fence. I bet we cannot even guess how much suppliers lost due to inventory writedowns when AAPL changed to their new connector.

Just be patient grasshopper.

Armchair CEO? I have been patient for the last 3 years: with the 900, the 920 and now the 1020. Its the same story every year. I think it's only fair to start complaining a tiny bit by now don't you think?

I picked up the phone last week; already had the camera grip delivered before and today picked up the AGF shell.

I think the accessory offerings have been pretty good as far as the launch of this phone.

Let me guess, black?

antiochian2010

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Armchair CEO? I have been patient for the last 3 years: with the 900, the 920 and now the 1020. Its the same story every year. I think it's only fair to start complaining a tiny bit by now don't you think?

Let me guess, black?

LOL - three phones in a row - looks like Lucy's found someone else to hold the football for :D

John20212

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Now only if Nokia could let us know if and/or when the Nokia Leather case is going to be released.

Also talking about Nokia accessories, Nokia should make the Camera Grip compatible with the Nokia Accessories App to e.g. show the battery level of the camera grip in exact % points, not neccessary but it would be a nice touch.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I had to go to the apple store the other day to replace my sons ipod touch (he broke the screen, they swapped it out no questions asked). They had a wall of cases for their iphones. Not a bunch of crappy, $5 ebay cases either. I'm talking high quality cases. Really made me jealous.

trandz

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I had to go to the apple store the other day to replace my sons ipod touch (he broke the screen, they swapped it out no questions asked). They had a wall of cases for their iphones. Not a bunch of crappy, $5 ebay cases either. I'm talking high quality cases. Really made me jealous.

Yea. Your dealing with Apple and the iPhone here. Every case maker and their mom is on that bandwagon. Its a lot easier for them. They have 1 phone a year, and they all sell like hotcakes. Unlike with Android where theirs Samsung, HTC, motorola, LG and they all keep making a phone every 2 months. Case makers have no idea what is going to sell or not. I have a S4 active now. And there is still not ONE case in an ATT store. Dealing with Windows Phone its more of the same. We have almost no market share compared to Apple and Android so manufacturers are scared. Simple business

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium