Post Lumia 1020 CONCERT videos here:

paulbonard

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
The biggest selling point in the Lumia 1020 for me is the Nokia Rich Recording mics and 6x and 3x lossless zoom while taking High Definition video, I am a huge concert goer and having a mobile device that can take quality videos and especially audio is very importmant. Lets show why the 1020 is the best in this department. Please post videos from youtube of live concerts here:

This is one I really enjoyed from youtube of Jay Z/Justin Timberlake that clearly shows how incredible sounding this device is!

Bkr11

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Uploading a video right now from a "concert in the park". I was in the very front recording both my kids and the band. The very interesting thing is that the audio sounds amazing for the instruments, however the speaker for the singer must have been behind me because the vocals are VERY faint. That being said I'm hoping that (shortly) you'll be able to hear the amazing ability of the 1020 to pick up the instruments...

Bkr11

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Here is the link to the video referenced above. As I mentioned, it's interesting to see how well the phone/camera did picking up the audio from the instruments, but regarding the (vocal) audio in the speakers behind me, it was very faint/muted.

*Note* At this moment I'm not seeing the HD option and the 360p audio sounds pretty bad. Hopefully the 720/1080 encoding options just take longer to process, because of right now I can't see them.

tomkluu

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
First time using the camera to record videos. pretty shaky cause I was busy jumping around. This was a Madeon concert in Houston.

TheGeekNextDoor

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
These videos don't look like they have any zoom going on. You know you can zoom live while recording on this phone. It isn't like the other camera app where it stops the recording when you touch the screen.

xconomicron

Sep 20, 2007
Visit site
Well mine are not that great since I was in a crowd of moshers and crowdsurfers. -But if you like metalcore/deathcore/metal music...here ya go. I apologize beforehand...my tastes in music are not for everyone. I prefer music that strays away from the typical 4/4 time signatures in every song. I find that many metal/rock/prog metal bands do this. :::::: Edit lol, one of my videos is already posted in the contemplation of videos in the blog above. Nice to see Youtube tagging really works. xD But anywho....

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1AYBDRF-TE" target="_blank">

Last edited:

Paul Duncan1

May 14, 2013
Visit site
REO Speedwagon Saturday Aug 17 in Columbus Indiana. We were setting about 75 yards away. Video and audio are quite good considering the distance. People's heads kept getting in the way.

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
I've never understood the need to video a concert. Looking at Paul's vid a number of ppl were too busy video'ing the concert they missed the actual event. Personally, I'd rather just watch the vent and pull it up via memory.

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
I have been using my 1020 in support of the big cameras for a few concert reviews since getting it on release day. The video capture is so good that I have started getting quick video grabs.

Here is a clip of a band called Young Girls. Our site is going to put out a 7" for them. Damn catchy jams.

See other pics here and try to guess which ones in the review were from the 1020.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans