Glance "peek" not working

dfaris

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
If I turn on my glance peek function and wave my hand over the phone the clock will not show up. Is there
Something I should do to get the glance feature working?

Thx

techiedude007

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
If I turn on my glance peek function and wave my hand over the phone the clock will not show up. Is there
Something I should do to get the glance feature working?

Thx

I tried it a couple of times as well before I found the "sweet spot": the top left hand corner of the phone. Isolate your "waving" to that area :) (I like to demo it with coworkers and friends as "Want me to show you how to 'use the force' with my new Nokia?" I wave my hand over that area and say "Phone, show me the time." Dorkus maximus for sure but a lot of fun LOL

dfaris

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I have been trying to get this to work but nothing makes the clock pop up.
Is there some other way to test the sensor so I can see if its working? Also do you
know if a clear screen protector would mess up the sensor? I have one applied
to my screen.

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site
If your screen turns off while you put it to your ear during phone call (to prevent accidental call disconnect) and it turns back when you put it off your ear after end of call that means it's working properly :)

dfaris

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
well this is getting interesting as the screen does not turn off when I put it to my ear. I wonder if an app is messing it up. Also would a soft reset help? and if so how do I do a reset?

sision

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
well this is getting interesting as the screen does not turn off when I put it to my ear. I wonder if an app is messing it up. Also would a soft reset help? and if so how do I do a reset?

Is the screen protector covering the sensor?

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site

Try it few times to make sure. There are 3 options:
? Screen Protector makes it work improperly.
? Software issue.
? Hardware issue.

At the beggining Peel off your screen protector (only if it does cover proximity sensor) and retry 'calling trick'. Does it cover your prox. sensor?

cliac

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
The light sensor is between Nokia logo and the front-end camera on the top. I think that is the spot you need to wave your hand over. If using your finger to point to the screen and move around, the clock should show up when your finger runs over the light sensor.

Check the User Manual for the light sensor location.

P.S. I am using a screen protector with a cut-out for the light sensor, just like leaving the front end camera uncovered.

dfaris

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I see where the sensor is and my screen protector does not cover it. Would turning off
Background task help figure out if it is software related?
Should I try a soft reset? Is that the lock key and volume button?

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site
I see where the sensor is and my screen protector does not cover it. Would turning off
Background task help figure out if it is software related?
Should I try a soft reset? Is that the lock key and volume button?

here you go: Press and hold both the Volume down and the Power (lock) keys for 15 seconds. It will vibrate and reboot. It won't affect your data, so it's worth to try. If your proximity sensor doesn't work properly after that, then you should try hard-reset, but it will wipe all your data from the device.
Hard Reset:

Use this option if you can access your phone's settings.

This option warns about data loss.

On the Start screen, swipe left, select Settings > About > Reset your phone.

If it doesn't work, then you should visit Nokia Care Point, to let nokia employees take a look if it's not hardware issue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786