Bar code and qr code scanning problems

videian

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Anyone have serious issues scanning these things? The camera seems to move in and out of focus constantly. I am aware of the minimum focus distance issues, it's not that. Generally I can get it to finally (after 15-20 seconds) lock on target. Tate GS4 and iPhone scanning are damn near instant.

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Same problem here when using the built in QR code scanner, it makes scanning smaller codes difficult. Larger QR code are fine, because you can hold the phone far away enough to let the phone focus. But smaller QR codes, you either have to hold them too close to let the phone focus, or hold it far away enough to focus, but then it's too small for the phone to process the code.

Maybe Nokia could push an update to let us zoom in on the codes? That way, we can hold it far away enough to focus, then use lossless zoom to make the code big enough to scan.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Small codes are useless on MyFitnessPal. By the time I get far enough away to focus, it can't read it. Luckily I haven't had to use it much

PYY

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
The one on MyFitnessPal is atrocious for me. When it is finally able to focus, the app crashes on me :(

smartboyse

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Same problem here when using the built in QR code scanner, it makes scanning smaller codes difficult. Larger QR code are fine, because you can hold the phone far away enough to let the phone focus. But smaller QR codes, you either have to hold them too close to let the phone focus, or hold it far away enough to focus, but then it's too small for the phone to process the code.

Maybe Nokia could push an update to let us zoom in on the codes? That way, we can hold it far away enough to focus, then use lossless zoom to make the code big enough to scan.
So you mean this is caused by just the size of the QR Code?

Evlkud

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I've also got this problem finding it impossible to scan QR codes, they all appear really fuzzy and blurry,

Id imagine the only way i could successfully scan one is if the code was painted on a giant wall

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
So you mean this is caused by just the size of the QR Code?

Not exactly. The fault lies with the camera's optics. Sure, it lets you take great shots, but the minimum focus distance is rather high for a smartphone camera, meaning it struggles to focus on QR codes that would otherwise work on a smartphone.

And then if you hold it far away enough to focus, often you're too far back for the Bing app (or any app, for that matter) to make out the code.

npoe

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem but it was working fine when I first got my phone. After one year or so my phone stopped working with the bar codes.

There should be something that changed but I don't know what.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99