Have To Keep Reconnecting to Home WiFi

daviddcmd

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
I have to reconnect to home WiFi, including reentering password, whenever I'm back in range.

I have system set for auto reconnect but that doesn't seem to be working obviously.

Any assistance appreciated.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
If you go to a restaurant or someplace that offers free wifi but you have to enter a password, (Generally, those don't change for months, if ever). and go back a week or so later, does the same thing happen?

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I have to reconnect to home WiFi, including reentering password, whenever I'm back in range.

I have system set for auto reconnect but that doesn't seem to be working obviously.

Any assistance appreciated.

I presume its for your home network?

If so try deleting the saved the wi fi profile for your home wi fi and reconnecting, hopefully this should clear out the glitch. Also do you have "keep wi fi on when screen times out"?.

Me personally I have all the other options turned off about from the keep alive and my wi fi auto connects when I'm in the range of the wi fi network at home or at work.

If you go to a restaurant or someplace that offers free wifi but you have to enter a password, (Generally, those don't change for months, if ever). and go back a week or so later, does the same thing happen?

Generally speaking that is true, as a matter or principle they should be changed every day - the cafe's I go to frequently do change their passkey every day.

Last edited:

Pat Yates

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
My lumia 610 has taken itself off home wifi only in the last two days. I have no save option as such but have taken off all others I had listed.
Re-boot, so far so good. It has never done this before I was beginning to think I was going ga ga.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I've only ran into this once, but it was with a hidden network. It was already saved to my phone though. I had to delete it and reconnect. I haven't been able to test it again though. It was my buddies house, so I know his login info didn't change.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99