08-29-2013 05:16 PM
48 12
tools
    Mostly friends I guess.. you know, people don't usually talk to strangers here.
    Such as trains, it feels like its packed with zombies. They are only focusing on what they are doing, and tend to avoid having eye contact with anyone despite being so close. Some just pretend to be asleep.
    The same in London too.. getting stuck in Bank DLR during rush hour makes you feel like a grain on a cereal bar stuck in a furnace. If you tried to make conversation with anyone on the train you get the "look" lol.

I was out with my old school mates on a reunion and they were all taking pictures as we were leaving the restaurant, I whipped my L920 snapped a few pictures as they were complaining that the street lighting at night wasn't enough they were so damn embarrassed that it killed the mood that night LOL. I guess they would have left with me with the 390 quid bill (there was 30 of us so 13 per head) if I had the L1020 lol.
    LMZR and LastBattle like this.
    08-12-2013 03:37 PM
    Oh but you are so wrong; the iPhone 5s is reported to have a fingerprint scanner! Imagine!! Never mind that PDA's had them years ago. But trust Apple to present it as a big new innovation. I would think Apple could have implemented something more useful like wireless charging.
    08-12-2013 04:24 PM
    Oh but you are so wrong; the iPhone 5s is reported to have a fingerprint scanner! Imagine!! Never mind that PDA's had them years ago. But trust Apple to present it as a big new innovation. I would think Apple could have implemented something more useful like wireless charging.
    And i bet all the non IT-savvy people who are using iphone will say apple came up with the first mobile fingerprint scanner. So many people i've met told me iPhone is the FIRST touchscreen phone....
    08-12-2013 08:30 PM
    And i bet all the non IT-savvy people who are using iphone will say apple came up with the first mobile fingerprint scanner. So many people i've met told me iPhone is the FIRST touchscreen phone....
    Apples strength is it's marketing group who have a knack for making a bunch of features that have come before sound better or unique to Apple.

I remember reading about the Instant On or whatever it was called a couple of MacOSX versions back thinking I've been sleeping and resuming my laptops for years like that.

Thankfully they'll not going to beat the 1020 camera anytime soon so Nokia are right to focus on that unique feature.
    08-12-2013 11:46 PM
    LOL most people haven't noticed except a few. Since i have the yellow one, they really don't notice it as it looks the same to them as my 920 in yellow did. Only when they noticed the camera hump is when they are like "What's up with your phone haha"
    08-13-2013 12:02 AM
    If I didn't already have a 920, I'd get this beast.
    08-13-2013 12:32 AM
    Sorry, couldn't stop myself making and uploading this!

08-13-2013 05:15 AM
    The same in London too.. getting stuck in Bank DLR during rush hour makes you feel like a grain on a cereal bar stuck in a furnace. If you tried to make conversation with anyone on the train you get the "look" lol.

I was out with my old school mates on a reunion and they were all taking pictures as we were leaving the restaurant, I whipped my L920 snapped a few pictures as they were complaining that the street lighting at night wasn't enough they were so damn embarrassed that it killed the mood that night LOL. I guess they would have left with me with the 390 quid bill (there was 30 of us so 13 per head) if I had the L1020 lol.
    Ah.. I thought it'll be a little different there in the UK. I kinda miss Japan

Same.. there's also once that the lights were off, and my friend's iPhone couldn't get a group shot. My trusty Lumia 920 saved the day :)
    08-13-2013 06:41 AM

http://i.minus.com/ibsq8azTZvxa9g.PNG
    That's awesome! That's kinda how I felt inside that day! LOL
    08-13-2013 08:32 AM

http://i.minus.com/ibsq8azTZvxa9g.PNG
    wait till a fight breakout between iSheeps and Samsheeps :)

despertador and ninjaap like this.
    08-13-2013 08:47 AM
    Awesome! I wish that happens with my 822 too
    08-13-2013 10:07 AM
    That's awesome! That's kinda how I felt inside that day! LOL
    Glad you liked it, have a good one ;)
    08-13-2013 10:46 AM
    Yep! Since launch day, with my white/black speck case, non stop comments!! People love it, but can't get over the camera!! A few camera nerd friends are obsessed with it now! By this point its getting old lol, but fun too! Its not your normal S3/S4 or iphone!! But still, "My god what is that thing???"
    08-13-2013 10:55 AM
    Fingerprint scanner on a phone could be very useful if it would work perfectly. Unlocking your device and other functions with extra software from there on. BUT, it will not work as good. We all know this from scanners in our computers. You sometimes have to swipe 10 times before working. Anyway, I would not even think Apple would bring this to the 5s, I would assume this would be more of a thing brought to the iPhone 6. Unless they skip the 5s, and introduce the cheaper 5c and iPhone 6.
    08-13-2013 11:06 AM
    Ah.. I thought it'll be a little different there in the UK. I kinda miss Japan

Same.. there's also once that the lights were off, and my friend's iPhone couldn't get a group shot. My trusty Lumia 920 saved the day :)
    Its not the same everywhere in the UK just the cities in general, then again this would apply to all cities all over in general lol.

But being pushed into a over crowded train.. thats like trying to eat several mars bars in on go - you will succeed eventually but with cramped jaw lol.

Then again glad am not riding on top of a crowded bus or train every day to work like this that's what I call mad courage! lol

Just wish the L1020 will be released already, I've got a demo coming up and I'm trying to plug WP at my work for company phones (only 5 are needed - just a small office of 11 people) as they are going over to a new cloud based CRM database. But the director still needs convincing lol, the wide angle camera would have sealed the deal. The L920 is no slouch but its no Wide Angle DSLR replacement..
    LastBattle likes this.
    08-13-2013 02:00 PM
    wait till a fight breakout between iSheeps and Samsheeps :)

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-N9kv17K7hm...+switch+ad.png
    You mean Copybots :P lol
    LastBattle likes this.
    08-13-2013 02:13 PM
    TALK ABOUT GETTING ATTENTION! - Store staffs going crazy at Telenor's Office over my white Lumia 1020.

2013-08-13-18.23.56.jpg
    08-13-2013 08:11 PM
    Samsung is more like the copyborg. They assimilate your technology and then destroy you with their marketing beam.
    08-13-2013 11:22 PM

I thought the Motorola was the first touch screen.

Evolution of Mobile Phones: 1995 – 2012
    WanderingTraveler likes this.
    08-14-2013 08:27 AM
    Once again, my 1020 got lots of attention!

Went downtown Vegas with wife and her coworkers. It was awkward at first, because this was the first time most of us met. And when I pulled out the camera to take pictures, the phone became an instant ice breaker!

"Is that that new camera phone?"
    "How many megapixels does it have?"
    "That's so nice!"
    "Take more pictures of us!"

The bartender even started a conversation with me when she saw the phone as I was taking pictures of our shots of liquid cocaine. "That's such a cool phone. I want to get one, but I'm married to my iPhone. How do you like it? I really want one."

Level up: social status! LOL
    08-25-2013 11:15 AM
    Meh, that 41MP camera on the back is nice crowd pleaser, but you guys just wait when I will get that 6-inch screened, bright yellow Lumia this year. Ain't nobody not noticing that phone! ;)
    ninjaap likes this.
    08-25-2013 03:06 PM
    They need to make a Phablet with the 41mpx camera!

And it should transform into a robot. In the Transformers movie they said that Nokias make for some crazy beasts.
    ninjaap likes this.
    08-25-2013 04:20 PM
    Just had a pleasant conversation with my TGIFridays waitress. She was really interested in getting a 1020 so she asked me questions about it and I gladly showed her pics and how awesome the zoom feature is. She asked how much and I told her, but also added that Amazon is probably cheaper, or she could ask about the next plan. Lots of options. I think she was on the edge with upgrading and I just pushed her over. She said she has Sprint and is not happy with it. I hear that a lot here in Vegas. I told her that I have no problems with ATT coverage here. I have a feeling the 1020 may become the most successful WP8. Never had this much attention with my previous WPs.
    08-29-2013 05:16 PM
48 12