My 1020 got so much attention

WavingReds

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Oh but you are so wrong; the iPhone 5s is reported to have a fingerprint scanner! Imagine!! Never mind that PDA's had them years ago. But trust Apple to present it as a big new innovation. I would think Apple could have implemented something more useful like wireless charging.

You forgot they'll also have duo led flash that's revolutionary to take night shots with. It's mind blowing!!! Wished I had a 1020 :(

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
In terms of bar/night/club scenes the 1020 is way ahead of the competition.. the xenon flash + oversampling/big sensor combo is much, much better than any other phone, especially the iPhone 5 which sucks at night..

So, ya.. the 1020's camera is in fact a proper camera, not just another "cell phone camera" ..

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Mostly friends I guess.. you know, people don't usually talk to strangers here.
Such as trains, it feels like its packed with zombies. They are only focusing on what they are doing, and tend to avoid having eye contact with anyone despite being so close. Some just pretend to be asleep.

The same in London too.. getting stuck in Bank DLR during rush hour makes you feel like a grain on a cereal bar stuck in a furnace. If you tried to make conversation with anyone on the train you get the "look" lol.

I was out with my old school mates on a reunion and they were all taking pictures as we were leaving the restaurant, I whipped my L920 snapped a few pictures as they were complaining that the street lighting at night wasn't enough they were so damn embarrassed that it killed the mood that night LOL. I guess they would have left with me with the ?390 quid bill (there was 30 of us so ?13 per head) if I had the L1020 lol.

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Oh but you are so wrong; the iPhone 5s is reported to have a fingerprint scanner! Imagine!! Never mind that PDA's had them years ago. But trust Apple to present it as a big new innovation. I would think Apple could have implemented something more useful like wireless charging.

Rain Chua

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site

And i bet all the non IT-savvy people who are using iphone will say apple came up with the first mobile fingerprint scanner. So many people i've met told me iPhone is the FIRST touchscreen phone....

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
And i bet all the non IT-savvy people who are using iphone will say apple came up with the first mobile fingerprint scanner. So many people i've met told me iPhone is the FIRST touchscreen phone....

Apples strength is it's marketing group who have a knack for making a bunch of features that have come before sound better or unique to Apple.

I remember reading about the Instant On or whatever it was called a couple of MacOSX versions back thinking I've been sleeping and resuming my laptops for years like that.

Thankfully they'll not going to beat the 1020 camera anytime soon so Nokia are right to focus on that unique feature.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
LOL most people haven't noticed except a few. Since i have the yellow one, they really don't notice it as it looks the same to them as my 920 in yellow did. Only when they noticed the camera hump is when they are like "What's up with your phone haha"

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Sorry, couldn't stop myself making and uploading this!

ibsq8azTZvxa9g.PNG

LastBattle

May 26, 2012
Visit site
The same in London too.. getting stuck in Bank DLR during rush hour makes you feel like a grain on a cereal bar stuck in a furnace. If you tried to make conversation with anyone on the train you get the "look" lol.

I was out with my old school mates on a reunion and they were all taking pictures as we were leaving the restaurant, I whipped my L920 snapped a few pictures as they were complaining that the street lighting at night wasn't enough they were so damn embarrassed that it killed the mood that night LOL. I guess they would have left with me with the ?390 quid bill (there was 30 of us so ?13 per head) if I had the L1020 lol.

Ah.. I thought it'll be a little different there in the UK. I kinda miss Japan :crying:

Same.. there's also once that the lights were off, and my friend's iPhone couldn't get a group shot. My trusty Lumia 920 saved the day :)

husslord

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Yep! Since launch day, with my white/black speck case, non stop comments!! People love it, but can't get over the camera!! A few camera nerd friends are obsessed with it now! By this point its getting old lol, but fun too! Its not your normal S3/S4 or iphone!! But still, "My god what is that thing???"

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Fingerprint scanner on a phone could be very useful if it would work perfectly. Unlocking your device and other functions with extra software from there on. BUT, it will not work as good. We all know this from scanners in our computers. You sometimes have to swipe 10 times before working. Anyway, I would not even think Apple would bring this to the 5s, I would assume this would be more of a thing brought to the iPhone 6. Unless they skip the 5s, and introduce the cheaper 5c and iPhone 6.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Ah.. I thought it'll be a little different there in the UK. I kinda miss Japan :crying:

Same.. there's also once that the lights were off, and my friend's iPhone couldn't get a group shot. My trusty Lumia 920 saved the day :)

Its not the same everywhere in the UK just the cities in general, then again this would apply to all cities all over in general lol.

But being pushed into a over crowded train.. thats like trying to eat several mars bars in on go - you will succeed eventually but with cramped jaw lol.

Jam Packed Train in Japan - YouTube

Then again glad am not riding on top of a crowded bus or train every day to work like this :amaze: that's what I call mad courage! lol

Crowded Jakarta train - YouTube

Just wish the L1020 will be released already, I've got a demo coming up and I'm trying to plug WP at my work for company phones (only 5 are needed - just a small office of 11 people) as they are going over to a new cloud based CRM database. But the director still needs convincing lol, the wide angle camera would have sealed the deal. The L920 is no slouch but its no Wide Angle DSLR replacement..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb