Exchanging my 1020

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I'll be exchanging my 1020 between today and friday(my last day of Buyer's remorse).
I'll likely be getting another 1020 because my phone for some reason

1. Randomly restarts...Not a lot but i've noticed it at least once or twice a day.

2. Occasionally Freezes...I'd say about 4 times the phone has frozen in the middle of various apps causing me to restart the phone int he past 12 days

3. I believe twice the phone sort of randomly shut down and i panicked because the phone wouldn't light up when i stuck it on the charger to get it to cut back on...I had to hold the power and volume button down to force it to restart.

4. Also reception issues....I didn't notice this much with 920 but sometimes people say they call me and my phone doesn't ring at all and earlier when i called my mom she said she had called me but it never run and as i was talkign to her, a mass amount of texts from 8 people i had been texting came in all at one time as if the signal had finally connected the phone.

Has anyone else had these issues? I certainly love it...though i wanted white but it is only available online :(

The only way i might not get another 1020 is if i get a 928 through verizon because I hear that At&t has flaky coverage in my area of my new college while verizon is good so I need to do some more research on that.

But was wondering did anyone else have problems like this i described above?
2eg7ds9.jpg

Last edited:

bruceabbott2

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
I've had a couple of these issues but not enough to warrant an exchange. Nokia should come through with a firmware update to fix alot of this granted these are bugs that should have been ironed out during their testing phases.

lostaggie

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
I'll be exchanging my 1020 between today and friday(my last day of Buyer's remorse).
I'll likely be getting another 1020 because my phone for some reason

1. Randomly restarts...Not a lot but i've noticed it at least once or twice a day.

2. Occasionally Freezes...I'd say about 4 times the phone has frozen in the middle of various apps causing me to restart the phone int he past 12 days

3. I believe twice the phone sort of randomly shut down and i panicked because the phone wouldn't light up when i stuck it on the charger to get it to cut back on...I had to hold the power and volume button down to force it to restart.

4. Also reception issues....I didn't notice this much with 920 but sometimes people say they call me and my phone doesn't ring at all and earlier when i called my mom she said she had called me but it never run and as i was talkign to her, a mass amount of texts from 8 people i had been texting came in all at one time as if the signal had finally connected the phone.

Has anyone else had these issues? I certainly love it...though i wanted white but it is only available online :(

The only way i might not get another 1020 is if i get a 928 through verizon because I hear that At&t has flaky coverage in my area of my new college while verizon is good so I need to do some more research on that.

But was wondering did anyone else have problems like this i described above?
View attachment 39985

Did you use iMessage before this phone?

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I literally had an Iphone for one day back in November or December last year :D

I did a comparison on it with my then lumia 810
http://forums.windowscentral.com/phone-wars/210854-ios-vs-wp8-my-one-day-experience-iphone.html

(I also had a droid dna at one time as well.)

My Windows phones were initially:
1. Lumia 810(My first)
2. Windows Phone 8x(red)
3. Windows phone 8x(blue)
4. Lumia 920(Red)
5. Lumia 920(Yellow...the one on my avatar photo)
6. Currently a Lumia 1020 Yellow as pictured above

:D I have a bit of an addiction for Windows phone haha.

Didn't you have an HTC 8X before your 920?

I don't remember you having any iPhones, but I seem to remember you've had other Windows Phones prior to your 920.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I literally had an Iphone for one day back in November or December last year :D

I did a comparison on it with my then lumia 810
http://forums.windowscentral.com/phone-wars/210854-ios-vs-wp8-my-one-day-experience-iphone.html

(I also had a droid dna at one time as well.)

My Windows phones were initially:
1. Lumia 810(My first)
2. Windows Phone 8x(red)
3. Windows phone 8x(blue)
4. Lumia 920(Red)
5. Lumia 920(Yellow...the one on my avatar photo)
6. Currently a Lumia 1020 Yellow as pictured above

:D I have a bit of an addiction for Windows phone haha.

I did remember your red 8X.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa