Waterproof Bicycle Mount

dfaris

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Anyone know of a good quality Waterproof Bicycle Mount Case for the 1020?
I have been looking around but cant find much. I have one that works for the 920 but it is not the best quality
and the adjustment knob that sets the tension does not work to well.

statom

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
What brand do you currently have? I've been looking on Amazon for my 1020 and the only brand I've been tempted by is Iberia. They have stem and handlebar mounts. I saw one by bracketron but the only review said it broke during installation.

statom

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I haven't checked the dimensions of the 1020 but here is a water resistant one by Ibera.

Amazon.com: Ibera Bicycle Weather Resistant iPhone 4, iPhone 5, Smartphone Case: Sports & Outdoors

That case is actually too small for the 1020. The one thing I did notice in the description was it said it wasn't for rough riding. This might work for road cycling, but I wouldn't take it on a mountain bike trail. I found one on the manufacture's site that has the dimensions listed as larger than the 1020's dimensions. http://www.ibera.info/products/handheld/PB16.htm

Here it is on Amazon
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DPPHTU...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU2086361

dfaris

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
This seems like it could work but I use a mountain bike so I'm not sure.

That case is actually too small for the 1020. The one thing I did notice in the description was it said it wasn't for rough riding. This might work for road cycling, but I wouldn't take it on a mountain bike trail. I found one on the manufacture's site that has the dimensions listed as larger than the 1020's dimensions. 5 inch Smartphone Case 5 with Bike Mount IB-PB16 | IBERA ? The Cycling Life

Here it is on Amazon
Amazon.com: Ibera Bicycle Waterproof Smartphone Case, 6" screen (Samsung Galaxy S III, Galaxy S4, HTC One): Sports & Outdoors

statom

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Buybits.com is a UK site with waterproof mounts for different Lumia devices. On amazon I found one for the Lumia 900. Supposedly the case dimensions can hold a phone the size of the 1020 from what they are stating.
There is a regular mount and a pro mount made for motorcycles. I figure if the pro mount would stay on a motorcycle, why not a mountain bike.

Here is a partial description from the page on Amazon...

The PRO mount is strong yet light-weight and fits handlebars with a diameter between 19mm - 35mm.
You will require a minimum clear space of 42mm on your handlebars to secure.
Twin anodized screws fix the mount to your handlebars, providing a stable base for the case.
Includes two liners to cushion against vibration and protect your handlebars.
Fits phones no larger than 138mm x 75mm x 15mm

Nokia has the 1020's dimensions listed as 130.4 x 71.4 x 10.4mm

Its called waterproof but the description says protects from splashes, so I wouldn't take it on a boat or go swimming with it.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008PPLHQS...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU2093839

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12