Accesories thread

codo27

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
If I'm off please correct, but I think this should be a sticky. My 1020 will be here I would imagine by early next week, and I'd like your opinion on what accessories are must-haves. Particularly I'm looking to get a screen protector, as I learned the hard way with my S3 (albeit after 3 years with that and the original SGS, with no protection whatsoever).

Official Accessories

Camera Grip:
Camera-Grip-for-Nokia-Lumia-1020-jpg.jpg

Adds ability to place on tripod
1020 mAh extra battery power
More natural camera grip feel

Starting at $59.99 as per Nokia USA site, was free with MS store preorders and I believe some early purchasers received them as well.

Will post more details on the others later, in the mean time they can be found here

Unofficial accessories

From boyhdx: Lumia 1020 - For Nokia Accessories

and John20212 http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-1020/235728-lumia-1020-cases-grips-covers.html (other thread, merge perhaps?)

Post any you may have seen or tried and I'll add them here. Again, I'm still waiting on mine and haven't had the chance to try any.

Sorry I haven't updated much. Have more free time now so will do so in coming days.

Attachments

• Camera-Grip-for-Nokia-Lumia-1020.jpg
    Camera-Grip-for-Nokia-Lumia-1020.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
We can try it as a sticky for a while. Thanks for starting the thread its a great idea.

Wireless charging back from Nokia, CC-3066 wireless charging cover

Wireless%20Charge%20Plate%20CC-3066%20Hand.jpg

I got mine in black for my yellow L1020. Check my signature that's right my phone matches my car black on yellow...:amaze:

I have to have wireless charging. I have a pad on my nightstand and I even modified a charging pad to work in my truck. I even mounted it in the console of my GMC truck. (more on that in this thread)

Get the WPC official review

Nokia Lumia 1020: Wireless Charging Cover hands on | Windows Phone Central

slepr

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Would love a case that could accommodate my 1020 with the camera grip attached. As for accessories I have: camera grip, cr200 car holder/charger, Nokia purity pro headphones, DT910 charging stand, JBL powerup speaker, charging back.

codo27

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
holy **** you went all out. mine arrived today :D I'm enjoying it so far, though I have some learning to do when it comes to the camera.

IMStrugglin

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Would love a case that could accommodate my 1020 with the camera grip attached. As for accessories I have: camera grip, cr200 car holder/charger, Nokia purity pro headphones, DT910 charging stand, JBL powerup speaker, charging back.

I have two of the Logitech UE bluetooth speakers which sound fabulous, better than the Bose even. Amazon had the on sale for $179 a couple of months ago. I am interested in the cr-200 as well. Does it hold the phone in place pretty good? Like when taking off hard at a stop light?

GloriousGlory

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
case1.jpg

case2.jpg

Amazon.com: TUDIA Ultra Slim Melody Series TPU Protective Case for Nokia Lumia 1020 / Nokia EOS (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories

Got one of these TPU cases for $7 on Amazon. Buttons presses are responsive and the case fits like a glove. Build quality is a little rough around the edges, but for that price it is really impressive. Easy to take on and off in case you want to swap into the camera grip. I'm most likely going to be using this one as my daily case over the otterbox and the camera grip cases.

This is sleek, well rounded protection and doesn't add any bulk at all. You can slide the lanyard right through the opening without any hassle.

Al Sorkin

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site

I found a very nice case that fits well with the camera grip attached at Fry's: FRYS.com?|?Adreama
I don't recall if I bought the XXlarge size but check it out at you local Fry's.

.:

kuffcakes

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
I am looking for a TPU case that fits the 1020 when the wireless case is attached. Not having much luck on eBay or Amazon finding one.

mjindustry

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone figured out the Camera grip charging order?

Like does your internal battery need to charge first completely, then it charges the battery in the grip case? Or something else? I just picked up the grip case yesterday and I still don't understand how it works. Maybe I need to remove the case to charge the external battery? (I hope not)

camptime

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
Interesting just ordered a 1020 here in Thailand and the Camera Grip Is included with pre release orders, black and white are the only options though.

Teitonopapa

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone figured out the Camera grip charging order?

Like does your internal battery need to charge first completely, then it charges the battery in the grip case? Or something else? I just picked up the grip case yesterday and I still don't understand how it works. Maybe I need to remove the case to charge the external battery? (I hope not)

Always charges the phone first, then case. When in use, if the charger holds a charge it will charge the phone unless you shut it off to conserve the bonus battery. I have moved to the wireless charger case but the phone case is really good if you know you are going to be taking photos due to the ergonomics.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone had trouble with the wireless charging cover and pad? My pad seems to have a tiny sweet spot for activating and even when it does activate all I get is a blinking light on the charging pad

sjgore

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
I just got a case and some screen protectors:

Nillkin Matte Textured Super Shield Hard Shell Case Cover for Nokia Lumia 1020

and

10 Pack Clear LCD Screen Protector Cover Guard Film Fits Nokia Lumia 1020

The case is excellent: It looks very well made, feels good quality, is not too thick, and fits the 1020 very well. It also covers the camera hump with just a cut-out for the flash and lens, meaning the hump won't get scratched or worn where the phone leans on it when it's placed on a table, etc.

However, the screen protectors are utter rubbish. They're too big, with a 2mm lip all the way around all four edges were the screen slopes away and the screen protector is left hanging. It won't take long for these sticky edge strips to gather dust in my pocket and look awful. I'm going to use the Nillkin case but with no screen protector. I think that's a good compromise for now.

Steve.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12