Unable to edit photos in Nokia Pro Cam after moving photo to album on phone?

kenstockwell

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I'm new to WP and have a new 1020. I was wondering if anyone can help me out with photo management. Here is the scoop:

--I would like to place photos (5meg and highres) in albums. This will allow me to organize photos better.
--I created an album on the phone using windows explorer.
--Moved the 'low-res' and high-res photo from the camera roll to the album
--view the 'low-res' photo but now not able to edit in Nokia pro cam.

So, can we only edit/view the high-res photos in pro-cam if we keep them in the camera roll or am I missing something here?

This seems very flaky to me. I hope MS (and Nokia) improve upon this if this is the case. Photo management is pretty weak (unable to create albums on the phone, no rename, no tagging, etc.)

B1zzle

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
So, can we only edit/view the high-res photos in pro-cam if we keep them in the camera roll or am I missing something here?

i do believe that is the current order in which we must do things. I too wish it was different.

the only way i could see, at this point in time, to be able to keep 5mp versions elsewhere is to open then photo with the creative editor, use the orginal photo and dont make any changes (unless you want to) then when you save it, it saves a diff copy to the "saved photos" folder

JSRunning

May 30, 2013
Visit site
You might want to check under "Settings" in Nokia Pro Cam. They have an option near the bottom of the page to re-scan your photos for pictures tagged as taken with Pro Cam. This option will scan and re-enable the "Taken with Nokia Pro Cam" link at the bottom of the photos. However, I'm not sure if this only will scan the Camera Roll or all photo albums. Give it a try and let us know if it works!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion