Hi, this is my first post. I am very new here. I am getting very interested in Windows Phone coming from a faithful Android guy. I don't like the idea of fanboyism that much now, I like the idea of not being tied to a certain ecosystem. I believe the Nokia Lumia 1020 is the phone that is going to make me switch. I do have a few questions. I currently reside in China and I was delighted when I head the 1020 is recently for sale and unlocked here. If I buy the phone here, would I be limited to the Chinese propaganda selections in the App store? Or is there a way to switch markets (like android, but its a pain) or something? Like how the market place and stuff works. If there is anything you want to tell me, advice for switching platforms or anything. Please tell me. Thanks.

PS: What colours do you have?
    08-15-2013 04:49 AM
    The 1020 is available in yellow, black and white (all matte). As for installing apps, look at this article: http://www.windowscentral.com/live-c...ows-phone-apps
    Lastly you need to make a Microsoft account. The process for selecting the region is on the link above. Enjoy!
    JoneKone likes this.
    08-15-2013 05:05 AM
    I think Nokia Lumia from China is not so durable because for all I know a brand from China are all fake but I don't have any idea. - Anna Wyer
    AFAIK all Lumias are manufactured in China
    08-15-2013 07:57 AM
    I really like Nokia Lumia. Actually my cellphone is Nokia Lumia from China.
    j aime acheter
    click here
    01-08-2014 07:00 AM
    I own a yellow 1020, also purchased in China. You do get carrier branding and annoying preinstalled apps, but your phone will be internationally UNLOCKED and those preinstalled apps (such as QQ, Youku etc.) can be uninstalled if you wish. It is very easy to switch stores on Windows Phone (there is a setting in the OS somewhere), but even the Chinese marketplace doesn't deviate very much from its American counterpart. The 1020 in China might be a bit pricier in China compared to N. America, but I'm not too sure on that.

I've never used Android myself, so I can't give you much in terms of advice, but the 1020 will definitely work fine outside of China. Just to let you know, the Chinese Lumia 1020 is the RM-876 variation, meaning that it does NOT support 4G or LTE, but it adds AWS to its 3G network support. If you plan on bringing it to another country, make sure your phone supports the carrier's network first.

One last thing, if you think you're encountering any issues with your phone, get it exchanged before the exchange time expires. If your phone gets sent for repairs, it'll be a pain. From what I've heard from a Nokia repair rep, they have to ship the phone to Finland to repair it, and you'll be left without a phone for 1-2 months.
    01-08-2014 12:51 PM