1020 Email Client?

anon395528

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
As with every phone I purchase, I lurk around the forums for a bit to get the real users scoop....I am a photographer by trade so this "phone" has me interested. I am currently on an S3 and it is ok I am just bored with the whole OS. I do use quite a few apps and one of my fav apps is called K-9 mail that "fetches" my various email via IMAP settings...I probably have 20+ email accounts I have configured with this app.

I did a search for email clients and the Windows store is not really very helpful...there is no sorting mechanism by sales or ratings.....I prefer NOT to use Outlook even though I am familiar with it. :cool:

Can anyone offer any experience with a really good email client I can look at...this is probably the deal breaker for me on the 1020 or head over for a Note III.

tgr42

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
The built-in Windows Phone email client is not Outlook or anything like it in my opinion. I really like it and strongly urge you to give it a fair shake. But I only use 2 email accounts on my phone: home and work. Not sure how it (or anything else) would scale to 20+ email accounts...

hcrick

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
As with every phone I purchase, I lurk around the forums for a bit to get the real users scoop....I am a photographer by trade so this "phone" has me interested. I am currently on an S3 and it is ok I am just bored with the whole OS. I do use quite a few apps and one of my fav apps is called K-9 mail that "fetches" my various email via IMAP settings...I probably have 20+ email accounts I have configured with this app.

I did a search for email clients and the Windows store is not really very helpful...there is no sorting mechanism by sales or ratings.....I prefer NOT to use Outlook even though I am familiar with it. :cool:

Can anyone offer any experience with a really good email client I can look at...this is probably the deal breaker for me on the 1020 or head over for a Note III.

I've used K9 but didn't notice anything special or superior about it. Figure out which specific features / abilities make it so good for you and make sure the 1020 can do the same. Twenty accounts is a lot but I don't see the native WP8 Mail client / app having any difficulties handling it (I've had as many as 11 at one point).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett