Nokia Panorama Alternative

strikeIII

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
I'm not really liking the way the Nokia Panorama app takes photos. It seems so outdated the way you have to line up shot after shot and it doesn't even stitch right most the time. Is there another Panoramic lens out there that can do a sweep style Panoramic shot. Meaning, I just press the shutter button once and just sweep accross in one motion vs. having to stop to take each frame and wait for the app to process stitch them together?

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site
I'm not really liking the way the Nokia Panorama app takes photos. It seems so outdated the way you have to line up shot after shot and it doesn't even stitch right most the time. Is there another Panoramic lens out there that can do a sweep style Panoramic shot. Meaning, I just press the shutter button once and just sweep accross in one motion vs. having to stop to take each frame and wait for the app to process stitch them together?

hey! Check Microsoft's Photosynth, it's pretty good panorama app.
http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=ef860a79-5f68-4ed6-aa21-c038d1a55517
Let us know what do you think about it. : )
Greetings!

Jay_wpcentral

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site

panorama app is just okay. Photosynth is a different type of panorama. So you won't find much use there.

strikeIII

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
Photosynth is horrible! Uninstalled right away. Haha I'll just have to deal with Nokia Panorama app. Its not horrible it just takes more effort to get a good panorama shot compared to other smartphones and my Sony Nex-5R.

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Photosynth is cool if you are looking for an immersive 360-degree experience, but it's not useful in the slightest for quick panoramic photos.

Nokia's Panorama tool is a bit cumbersome to use, so yeah, I wish it were simpler. I always liked taking them with my HTC Titan, because it gave you a line-level to follow for the pic right from the start and didn't have an issue with losing track of where I was at with it.

Brad Spry

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm so glad someone started this thread, because the Nokia Panorama function on the 1020 is embarrassing. The panorama app and output on the Samsung GS4 makes the 1020 look bad. I chased the ball once and that was enough to know... What an awful oversight... It should be a single sweep motion and a 360 radius, the GS4 has great output. Please Nokia, please.

strikeIII

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
I'm so glad someone started this thread, because the Nokia Panorama function on the 1020 is embarrassing. The panorama app and output on the Samsung GS4 makes the 1020 look bad. I chased the ball once and that was enough to know... What an awful oversight... It should be a single sweep motion and a 360 radius, the GS4 has great output. Please Nokia, please.

I agree and there is no good alternative that I've found so far. I just have to be really carefull when I do panorama shots which sucks.

ygtgngr

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
There should be a app that takes continuous shots when i move the camera. I don't want to stop and align the last pics to the next.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea