08-24-2013 01:44 AM
34 12
tools
    Thanks for clearing that. Then yes I did see those sizes, of terrible photos. :-). Again sorry I sure was hoping for some cool results, but taking photos side by side with Nokia, ipad, and the Nikon D90 (of course cant compare that really) the nokia did overall the worst job. Keep in mind most of my photography is based on product photography even some using studio lightning, and some products are small. So this is only my opinion based on my on hands trial.

Luckily Amazon is doing a refund, trial and error. I do thank you guys for your help.
    I would love to see a gallery of your work comparing the two devices. There is NO WAY an iPad3 can out do the 1020. You don't know the difference between megapixels and megabytes, so I must assume you think P on the D90 mode dial stands for Professional. I know that sounds harsh, but it has to be the Indian and not the arrow.

Good luck on your next purchase.
    08-23-2013 12:14 PM
    Wow, you guys are being so harsh... lol...

That said, I can easily snag photos that are as good with the Pro Cam software on my Lumia 810 - yes, I said 810 (a non-PureView camera) as my DSLR (and yes I am a pretty dang good photographer IMHO) because of the customization. That said, my 810 blows the socks off the iPhone 5 and iPad 3 images that people try to throw down with me. The other thing to keep in mind though, with ProCam, I don't go into Auto mode on either camera very often. I shoot mostly manual with my Sony and only snag a snap shot or two in Auto with my Lumia. Anything where I have time to set up the shot, I do it...

I personally would love to get my hands on the 1020 to do a shoot... I can tweak my 810 (which uploads instantly over my Wi-Fi network to my SkyDrive folder on my PC) and get some pretty good results, but having the clarity of the 1020 would be nice!
    Attached Thumbnails 125.jpg  
    giffis likes this.
    08-23-2013 01:11 PM
    Everyone makes mistakes. And the camera on the 1020 is by no means perfect - nobody should expect it to offer the same performance as a DSLR. But inferior to an iPad? If you're going to make an accusation like that, especially on the forum that is the home for fans of the 1020, it'd be a good idea to back it up with some evidence. And give people a chance to help before you give up and send it back.

Oh well, I don't think we'll be hearing from Russ again.
    jeffskent likes this.
    08-23-2013 01:22 PM
    I think the way the 1020 is being presented as a replacement for a camera by some will lead to similar experiences for others, that the OP had. The fact that you have to relearn how you take close up shots may put many off. As far as the iPad 3 vs L1020 I'm sure the 1020 takes better photos, but the difference may not be noticeable unless they print large prints of the photos they take.

The 1020 only makes sense if your willing to jump into Windows Phone with both feet, because while the camera is excellent IMO most cameras on other high end phones are good enough for the vast majority of people.
    jeffskent likes this.
    08-23-2013 02:03 PM
    Sounds to me you're getting MP confused with MB... The 38MP photos come out between 10-15MB in size.
    08-23-2013 05:57 PM
    The same guy who supposedly does "product photography" with a DSLR, doesn't know the difference between MP vs MB, and thinks an iPad camera is better than the 1020? Wow. Some photographer you are. That's why I hate the term photographer these days. Anyone with a camera/cameraphone, and a finger that can press "click" these days wants to call themselves a photographer, put their copyright and pseudo studio name on a photo, and think themselves special amongst the other billion other people in the world with a camera.
    jeffskent likes this.
    08-23-2013 06:15 PM
    Holy s**t.
    08-23-2013 10:42 PM
    I took picture of a graduation party with Lumia 1020. Around 200 pictures with various light conditions. People who won DSLR was amazed and appreciated Lumia 1020. Now any party I go iphone guys ask me to take picture.
    replay0 likes this.
    08-23-2013 11:11 PM
    I don't mean to be harsh either, but, I just looked up the Nikon D90 on Amazon. $1,200 retail, on sale for only $789! And this camera is being compared to a cell phone camera? And the user is confused about the difference between Mega Pixels and Mega Bytes? And the OP is at least a semi professional photographer? And the iPad 3 isn't exactly a professional camera either. I just checked... the iPad 3 has a 5 MP camera. I've only owned my 1020 for a month now, but I am sure the 1020 takes much better pictures than the iPad 3. At least that is what the tech reviewers are saying. The camera is great for a cell phone camera, but not as good as my simple Sony HX 100 bridge camera, which cost $400 on sale.
    08-24-2013 01:44 AM
34 12