Lumia 1020 unlock question

Orcus

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I have an odd situation. I ordered two 1020s for my wife and I and got unlock codes from AT&T once they arrived. The weird part is that once I put in the new Net10 sims I have never been prompted to unlock the device. They both work fine for voice, text and data without unlocking; MMS is not working but I haven't invested much time yet trying to work that out. This doesn't sound normal from my reading on this forum and XDA. Is there something I need to do to unlock them? Should I be concerned about my phones suddenly stop working, or the unlock codes from AT&T expiring?

Thanks in advance for the advice!

So far my wife and I are loving our Lumia 1020s and the Windows Phone 8 platform. We're very glad we went this route.

Orcus

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Just in case anyone else has this question, Palandri replied to my situation in another related thread and explained that because I'm using a MVNO (Net10) that uses AT&T the phone doesn't have to be unlocked. I'm going to pop my still working T-Mobile sim in the phones to unlock them in case I choose a different carrier in the future.

Thanks Palandri!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett