Nokia 1020 Qi sticker receiver tag interchangable with Galaxy s4 version?

zeemo13

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

Like many, I anxiously await for the white qi charging plate. I also will admit though, I'm cheap. Qi wireless charging receiver tags, like this one, are surprisingly cheap and I'm betting that they may work with the exposed contacts on the back of the 1020. Looking into how how the receiver tags work, I don't see why they wouldn't be universal, other than fit with the back of the phone.

Here's what I'm thinking:
1. Buy the tag
2. Attach it to the contacts on the back
3. Throw on an nice TPU cover to hide the tag
4. Wirelessly charge for less than half the cost and have the ability to use aftermarket cases of my choice. :cool:

Anybody tried this or have any thoughts as to whether it would or wouldn't work and why?

Thanks everyone!
John

koopiskeva

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Do the pins have the same gap in all of those? And do they line up with the 1020 exposed contacts? If so, I don't see why it shouldn't work.

zeemo13

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Do the pins have the same gap in all of those? And do they line up with the 1020 exposed contacts? If so, I don't see why it shouldn't work.

Good question and I can't be sure unless I buy it. I was checking the sizes of the tag itself though and unless i bent them in half, they unfortunately won't fit on the back of the 1020 without wrapping up and over the side.

tweedie

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Pretty sure someone modded a case and added a coil/pad at the back. Will try find the link. Its either in this forum or googled around.

BTW, there is a few pad with different volt and current so you need to get the correct output, which I don't know what it is.

Found the link. http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-1020/238336-otterbox-wireless-charging-mod.html

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720