Can I bring my apps?

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yes, through the Marketplace. Tap the "Buy" button and if you've already bought the app it will tell you that, and ask you if you'd like to install it again. Tap "Yes", and you're golden.

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

You should be able to install the apps you had on your 920 when you login with the same microsoft account from you new device. Your microsoft account has all your app install history.

The only thing to remember here is that if an app has been removed from the store you won't be able to re install it again on your new device.

hcrick

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
You can log into windowsphone.com (from a PC or laptop) and view your purchase history for a list of every app you have ever installed. Then just select which ones you want re-installed and they will be sent to your phone and installed for you in the background without any further user intervention.

hcrick

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
FYI When I reset my 920 the entire current list of apps and email accounts all got restored automatically. The only two things I had to do manually were to enter the passwords for my email accounts and re-arrange the tiles on my home screen. Assuming this also works when migrating from one to another, just make sure:

1. You perform a backup (to Skydrive) just prior to decommissioning your 920. This is under settings and only the categories you select (app list + settings, text messages, photos) will get backed up and restored properly. In my case all were selected and all got restored.

2. You have an active data plan and decent cell signal / connection when turning on the 1020 for the first time. This is needed because you will not have WiFi connectivity yet.

3. Log in with your Microsoft account the very first time you get asked.

4. Choose "yes" when you first get asked whether or not you want automatic backup enabled. You need to say yes here in order to get the restore option next, which could be a bit confusing / misleading. If you say no then you will not get the option to restore even if you enable backup later, so you really only have one shot at it (unless you reset the phone and try again). Once I completed the setup I connected to WiFi so the rest of my photos/content to restore didn't use up my cellular data.

I found that I had to meet every one of the above criteria but YMMV.

hcrick

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
g
That actually doesn't work for me. I'm sure it's a setting I've shut off or something, though.

Only settings I can think of are location service (enable), find my phone (enable), and allow apps to be pushed to phone (enable). Sometimes if it's a phone with a different IMEI then you have to delete the original phone from your profile on windowsphone.com. It's a really handy feature if you can get it going.

wamsille

Banned
Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
As another poster mentioned, apps that are no longer available in the marketplace would not be available for your new Lumia 1020. I have a few apps like that. I think I've lost $15 in paid apps that are no longer available. By that same token I've lost $20 in applications that are no longer viable on Android.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion