Seriously going nuts!!!

Ferazzz

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys I am about to pull the hair out of my head and spent all morning and afternoon without success trying to make my 1020 work properly on the Rogers network.

Plain and simple I can't get picture messaging to work, either to send or receive and if I get an email with an attachment photo I can't download it at all unless on wifi. I also can't send an email with an attachment photo. I have a 1020 ATT unlocked device. I have tried numerous APN in the internet and mms settings and can't get this to work. Also I find I randomly get no signal sometimes as if the cell just cuts out and then randomly comes back on and barely have LTE in the same office that my iPhone 5 and Lumia 920 get it perfectly. Can somebody who is currently on Rogers PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE point me in the right direction as to what to do. All I am asking is that I have working LTE and that I can send pics and email with pics and receive. I have hard reset the device numerous times and tried soft resetting and even spent over two hours on the phone with Rogers and then have no idea what to do. Honestly am I really that unlucky....
At first LTE was working but I couldn't send any pictures or receive any, then I modified the APN again and lost LTE and constantly had very unstable 4G but was able to send and receive pics....WHAT the heck am I doing wrong guys. I have searched and looked on Rogers forums and Google and can't find the path.

Somebody!! Anybody on Rogers with this device, can you please give me your exact settings so I can make this device work the way I need, otherwise I intent to sell and I truly don't want to since the camera is amazing!!!! Sorry for the rant I am just losing my F'ing mind here guys. SO frustrating

tbonecopper

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I can't remember if Rogers has separate SIMs for LTE and Non LTE devices, so if they do, you may want to make sure you have a Rogers LTE SIM. Edit, yes they do. Here's how you can tell if your SIM is LTE ready. Edit again: Confirmed with a Canadian co worker, the lte setting below is what his Galaxy S4 is using and works fine.

• Rogers LTE SIM cards are marked as "LTE" on the front or back of the card. You can also confirm that a SIM card is LTE-ready by checking the number printed on the SIM card—it should indicate "403", "405", or "406" for digits 9–11.

• GoRogers:
    APN: goam.com
    URL: http://mymobilehomepage.rogers.com
    Username: wapuser1
    Password: wap
    Port1: 80
    Port2:9203
    Port3:9201
    IP1: 172.025.000.107
    IP2: 208.200.067.150
    IP3: 208.200.067.151
    DNS1: 207.181.101.4
    DNS2: 207.181.101.5

MMS (Picture Messages):
    APN: media.com
    Username: media
    Password: mda01
    IP Address: 172.025.000.107
    Message Server: http://mms.gprs.rogers.com

Internet:
    APN: internet.com

If you are using a Smartphone and the above does not work. Try the one below.

APN: rogers-core-appl1.apn (no need for a username and password for this APN)
    Username:
    Password:

LTE:
    APN: ltemobile.apn (No need for a username and password)

Ferazzz

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I can't remember if Rogers has separate SIMs for LTE and Non LTE devices, so if they do, you may want to make sure you have a Rogers LTE SIM. Edit, yes they do. Here's how you can tell if your SIM is LTE ready. Edit again: Confirmed with a Canadian co worker, the lte setting below is what his Galaxy S4 is using and works fine.

• Rogers LTE SIM cards are marked as "LTE" on the front or back of the card. You can also confirm that a SIM card is LTE-ready by checking the number printed on the SIM card—it should indicate "403", "405", or "406" for digits 9–11.

• GoRogers:
    APN: goam.com
    URL: http://mymobilehomepage.rogers.com
    Port1: 80
    Port2:9203
    Port3:9201
    IP1: 172.025.000.107
    IP2: 208.200.067.150
    IP3: 208.200.067.151
    DNS1: 207.181.101.4
    DNS2: 207.181.101.5

MMS (Picture Messages):
    APN: media.com
    Username: media
    Password: mda01
    IP Address: 172.025.000.107
    Message Server: http://mms.gprs.rogers.com

Internet:
    APN: internet.com

If you are using a Smartphone and the above does not work. Try the one below.

APN: rogers-core-appl1.apn (no need for a username and password for this APN)
    Username:
    Password:

LTE:
    APN: ltemobile.apn (No need for a username and password)

I believe I have tried very very similar settings and it did not work but It is still worth a try man! Thanks a lot and I will let you know. Yes I do have an LTE sim card BTW

ferazzz1985

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
What is really bothering me which I can`t get a concrete answer about is the following. Are there any hardware limitations with this ATT unlocked device (bands,antennas) that would prevent this phone from properly working Rogers at all. Am I suppose to get HSPA+ and LTE and 3g and all since with my iPhone 5 in my office my LTE works fine and with this Lumia 1020 it always says 4G and randomly drops receptions completely. Is this a hardware problem with the phone or the fact that it is a US ATT phone and really not designed for use here or is it simple APN`s that I am not getting right. Do you guys have any ideas for me because if I can get this working 100% I don`t want to sell since I love this device to death and this is really stressing me out since I use this all the time for work guys :(

Thanks ahead of time I appreciate all the feedback and this forum is always so helpful :)

Binson#WP

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
What is really bothering me which I can`t get a concrete answer about is the following. Are there any hardware limitations with this ATT unlocked device (bands,antennas) that would prevent this phone from properly working Rogers at all. Am I suppose to get HSPA+ and LTE and 3g and all since with my iPhone 5 in my office my LTE works fine and with this Lumia 1020 it always says 4G and randomly drops receptions completely. Is this a hardware problem with the phone or the fact that it is a US ATT phone and really not designed for use here or is it simple APN`s that I am not getting right. Do you guys have any ideas for me because if I can get this working 100% I don`t want to sell since I love this device to death and this is really stressing me out since I use this all the time for work guys :(

Thanks ahead of time I appreciate all the feedback and this forum is always so helpful :)

Hi there, I am meeting up with someone later today to pick up an unlocked 1020 from at&t to use with Rogers as well. Do you have the Nokia Access Point app downloaded and does it work?

Please let me know. I have had these problems with my Titan II and hope to avoid them if at all possible with a new 1020. Thanks!

ferazzz1985

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi there, I am meeting up with someone later today to pick up an unlocked 1020 from at&t to use with Rogers as well. Do you have the Nokia Access Point app downloaded and does it work?

Please let me know. I have had these problems with my Titan II and hope to avoid them if at all possible with a new 1020. Thanks!

I tried that and it didn`t fully work! be very careful before you purchase the device man, mine is not working the way it should :( and I don`t know if its apn related or a hardware limitation with the phone. Do all your research

Binson#WP

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Thanks a lot for the response. I'll make sure to double check everything when I meet up tonight. In another thread, I saw that someone who is on Rogers says that everything is working perfectly. So, I don't know what to believe right now haha. Guess I will have to try it out tonight to make sure before I buy.

And, how do you mean by the Access Point app not fully working? Does it not have Rogers available as a selection? Anything you can say will be extremely helpful. Thanks!

ferazzz1985

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Thanks a lot for the response. I'll make sure to double check everything when I meet up tonight. In another thread, I saw that someone who is on Rogers says that everything is working perfectly. So, I don't know what to believe right now haha. Guess I will have to try it out tonight to make sure before I buy.

And, how do you mean by the Access Point app not fully working? Does it not have Rogers available as a selection? Anything you can say will be extremely helpful. Thanks!

Even with Rogers active the MMS pics and email with attachments cannot be opened. then I tried another APN and lost LTE and got limited 4g/3g service and was able to send mms pics and email. I would of been able to deal with that but the reception was intolerable and very unstable and I would just have no signal at ramdon so I really don`t know and I am simply looking for a conrete answer to all this, that`s all!! I need the settings from another Rogers 1020 user and maybe even there help to set this all up so it works as it should. Like I said is this a phone hardware limitation or improper apns`?

Binson#WP

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Oh wow, even e-mail attachments can't be opened huh. That's not good.

Other than that, it pretty much sounds like my experience with the Titan II. Not sure if this helps, but from my understanding of the situation with the Titan II, the problem is not hardware but it is software related. Perhaps, business related. HTC never updated their Connection Setup app to include Rogers. If you search the web and even in these forums, you will find that we unlocked TItan II users have suffered similar fates. Unfortunately, there was never a cure from HTC or Microsoft.

If this is the case with the 1020, I will have to wait until Rogers releases it in late September, Early October.

Edit: One more question: Have you tried to check if Internet Sharing (hotspot) is available? I've heard from some other users that it is locked and they should "contact AT&T". Thanks!

Last edited:

Binson#WP

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to double post, but I have some other info that might be helpful:

http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...rs-l920-internet-tethering-working-steps.html
One of the things it says here is that in order for the Access Point stuff to work, you need to delete the other APN and MMS settings. Furthermore, it is useful to create another "dummy" account in Access Point so you can switch between the two.

Perhaps you can give this a try and let us know if it works?

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Try this,
Remove your sim, do a soft reset, start your device (without sim) and connect to a wifi network and try to download that mail attachment, pretty sure it should work.
Now put back the sim and try to do the similar task using your network providers internet connection, that should zero in on the prob.

Ferazzz

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Quick update guys that I finally found the right settings after fiddling with this phone for over 2 days lol, if anybody needs the Rogers APN settings that will work for the 1020 let me know and I will post my settings! Thanks again guys!

Binson#WP

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Quick update guys that I finally found the right settings after fiddling with this phone for over 2 days lol, if anybody needs the Rogers APN settings that will work for the 1020 let me know and I will post my settings! Thanks again guys!

Yes, please do post your APN settings and how you got it to work. Thanks!

Last edited:

Ferazzz

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Curious... What happened with your 925? Didn't you get a different version of it after you had trouble with the first one?

nope ended up selling the first one and sent the second one back since o had no luck with unlocking.

I'll post my APN settings for you guys.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss