10-09-2013 09:06 AM
37 12
tools
    Take advantage of it whether a 1020 or iphone, i would try to get an iphone for resell or get the 1020 and sell your 920.

Our company had the same benefit, not sure intentional or by accident, i think accident. We ordered like 600 devices in 2011, within 6 months 100 of them or so were already eligible for upgrades so we took advantage of a few. I think it was a mistake so i nevr brought it up :)
    Joe920 likes this.
    08-30-2013 04:55 PM
    Take advantage of it, but make sure that you really really want a 1020 first.
    08-30-2013 07:39 PM
    Take advantage of it, but make sure that you really really want a 1020 first.
    Noted. As I said earlier, it looks like I might even be able to resist and wait for the next amazing Lumia flagship. Thanks for all the feedback guys, and too bad this isn't a company wide promotion.
    08-30-2013 08:41 PM
    You can always call and ask for a early upgrade. If they do not want to comply then give them all 1's when they txt you the customer satisfaction survey. You will get a call asking why you gave them a fail and most likely get a offer then. Worked for a friend of mine.
    08-31-2013 08:09 AM
    You're overthinking it. This is want, not a need. You either want it or you don't. There is no need to overthink a "want".
    Actually we all should overthink wants. Living for instant gratification is why people make irresponsible decisions; carry too much debt; elevate their own desires above the needs of others, society, the planet, etc.. If people, for instance, either rented or purchased houses within their means, the economic collapse in 2008 would have been just another recession and not a singular event that continues to impact lives across the globe. I personally find the Ayn Rand view of the world to be fundamentally offensive and an affront to the rights and dignity of most of the people on this planet. Just because you can do something does not make it the right thing to do. Taking a step back to decide whether you want something or genuinely need it is something we should all do.
    08-31-2013 01:59 PM
    It has nothing to do with being wasteful. Either you want it or you don't. Either You have the cash or you don't.

Nothing wrong with that.
    ....and that is an incredibly sad assessment of what has gone wrong in this country. There is everything wrong with impulse buying and living only for instant (or other self) gratification.
    08-31-2013 02:04 PM
    ....and that is an incredibly sad assessment of what has gone wrong in this country. There is everything wrong with impulse buying and living only for instant (or other self) gratification.
    lighten up
    thomas wojcik likes this.
    08-31-2013 02:21 PM
    Actually we all should overthink wants. Living for instant gratification is why people make irresponsible decisions; carry too much debt; elevate their own desires above the needs of others, society, the planet, etc.. If people, for instance, either rented or purchased houses within their means, the economic collapse in 2008 would have been just another recession and not a singular event that continues to impact lives across the globe. I personally find the Ayn Rand view of the world to be fundamentally offensive and an affront to the rights and dignity of most of the people on this planet. Just because you can do something does not make it the right thing to do. Taking a step back to decide whether you want something or genuinely need it is something we should all do.
    Just because you thought you should post a response like that does not mean you should.
    08-31-2013 02:23 PM
    This is actually one of the few phones i can find that i can justify using an upgrade for. The fantastic camera is a legit deal maker vs any other phone. Now if the price would just drop a little.
    Joe920 likes this.
    09-01-2013 04:41 AM
    What? Are we still talking about a phone?
    09-02-2013 02:08 AM
    I agree there there are many things wrong with the current level of consumerism, but at least allow me to take high resolution pictures of the apocalypse!
    That is too funny! Luckily I don't have the urge to take 41MP photos. I do wish I knew the 925 was coming to AT&T, but I am pretty sure this 920 will suit me well a while. I guess we should all be mindful of our smart phone whorishness and care more about life outside these tiny screens. I'll try my best.
    Joe920 likes this.
    09-02-2013 10:54 PM
    Well, after dropping my 920 JUST in the wrong way (seriously, there was like miles of carpet and one square inch of speaker stand corner..) I took the plunge and ordered the 1020 for $150 on Amazon. By waiting six weeks I saved myself another $150 on the original upgrade pricing, not bad. Hope UPS doesn't leave it sitting on the doorstep tomorrow..

Minor Nokia gripe: why doesn't the 1020 have wireless charging (a charging cover, really?!) and why does the nice slim and light 925 only have 16GB, and also no wireless charging?! Especially inexcusable after watching .

Anyway, the 1020 should be a nice replacement, now let's see how good that backup and restore option in WP8 really is.
    10-09-2013 09:06 AM
37 12