1020 labor day sales?

Tempest790

Oct 3, 2004
Visit site
Yes!!!

Went to my local AT&T store and the Lumia 1020 is ... $199.00 (or $27 a month Next but forget that). New Orleans is one of the "Florida and Gulf States" markets that has the discounted Lumia 1020. Ironically enough it still show $299 on AT&T website when I log in and $249 at Amazon or Costco.

I'm a Premier customer so the AT&T guy even waived my activation fee. I'm glad I decided to stop at the store. So, my wife gets her birthday present today! The other accessories also showed up today. I ordered the black charging cover and the black camera grip. The phone itself is black, so nothing fancy there. Also, the camera grip is also free after rebate! Unfortunately, I already ordered and got the grip, so I didn't bother with that, but man talk about a good deal overall.

Me personally, I really, really like the new matte yellow and if they come out with a 940 or some other 920 successor in that same matte yellow, it'll be my new color.

I took a snapshot of the flyer while I was being waited on. I didn't know AT&T really changed their store format. Now you just sit at a round table, and the employees help you with iPads. Pretty neat overall and seemed to be a much quicker, smoother experience than my last phone purchase. Kudos to AT&T on that one.

att_lumia1020.jpg

Tempest790

Oct 3, 2004
Visit site
I am still debating if I should sell my unlocked yellow 1020

You don't like it? Granted, I only played with the 1020 for a few minutes, but the screen is definitely an upgrade from the 920 and of course the camera. All in all, though it's an incremental upgrade compared to what'll be coming out this fall. That said, I usually upgrade every year, so it's more of a decision to go with a 1020 upgrade cycle (each summer) or a 920 upgrade cycle (each fall). While I figure Nokia will announce a 920 successor in the coming months, you can be sure that next year that tech will go into a new 1020 successor as well.

The only quibble I've noticed so far with the 1020 is that you have to slide it up some on the charging plate compared to the 920 to make a good connection. Reading other complaints in this forum shows that the phone will need some software/firmware updates over time, but that's one reason I don't mind buying Nokia over HTC or Samsung. At least Nokia keeps supporting their devices rather than orphaning them for the most part.

I'm going to hold out until October or November and see what else Nokia has up their sleeve. If not, I might settle on a 1020 myself.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb