1020 vs. 928

Kamen

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I am currently with Verizon and have access to getting the Nokia Lumia 928 today, but the 1020 looks awesome from what I can see. I am guessing it will be available at the end of the year after the 6 month AT&T exclusivity period is up so I am debating waiting or not. From what I can tell spec wise the phones are very similar minus one thing. One big thing; the camera. Is the camera really THAT good of a reason to hold off? I take a decent amount of photos with my current phone (S3) and one problem I find is when I need to zoom in, my pics always look grainy and never come out right. Thanks in advance for the help.

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
The only problem is we don't know if Verizon will be coming out with their own version...the 928 takes good photos, but not like the 1020.

However, I would guess that if you take a lot of shots that end up too dark or blurry the 928 could help there.

Kamen

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't say I take a lot of low light pictures, but it would be nice to be able to. I take it the 928 takes better low light photos than the 1020 does?

falconeight

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
There is no comparison. One is a great phone with a good camera attached to it. The other is an amazing no holds barred camera with a phone attaced to it. I had a 925 but love taking pictures, so I switched to the 1020 and am delighted with it.

another visitor

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't say I take a lot of low light pictures, but it would be nice to be able to. I take it the 928 takes better low light photos than the 1020 does?
The 928 takes very good shots at night, but still doesn't come close to what the 1020 can do. If anything, the difference is even bigger in low-light thanks to the massive sensor. It's just that Nokia hasn't marketed the 1020's low-light capability as much as it's zooming/re-framing part. But that's not because the 928 is bad,just that the 1020 is that good. You can't go wrong with either. If you require that incredible imaging capability you should definitely go for the 1020, otherwise the 928 is just fine.

LiveTilesRus

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
I presume switching is not an option? :devil:

I am currently with Verizon and have access to getting the Nokia Lumia 928 today, but the 1020 looks awesome from what I can see. I am guessing it will be available at the end of the year after the 6 month AT&T exclusivity period is up so I am debating waiting or not. From what I can tell spec wise the phones are very similar minus one thing. One big thing; the camera. Is the camera really THAT good of a reason to hold off? I take a decent amount of photos with my current phone (S3) and one problem I find is when I need to zoom in, my pics always look grainy and never come out right. Thanks in advance for the help.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Easy solution is the buy the 928 off eBay or Craigsllist and not use your upgrade until you see what Verizon has to offer. That's what I did and got the 928 for under $200. Might give this a thought.

Kamen

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Easy solution is the buy the 928 off eBay or Craigsllist and not use your upgrade until you see what Verizon has to offer. That's what I did and got the 928 for under $200. Might give this a thought.

Thanks. I found one on Craigslist for $200 that says it is brand new and never activated, but I'm just a little nervous that it is legit and has a clean ESN. I am going to see if they will meet at a Verizon store to activate it and make sure it is all good.

wamsille

Banned
Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. I found one on Craigslist for $200 that says it is brand new and never activated, but I'm just a little nervous that it is legit and has a clean ESN. I am going to see if they will meet at a Verizon store to activate it and make sure it is all good.

Be cautious. Folks sign up for devices and service contracts with false information and sell the phones dirt cheap. You don't realize there is a problem until the account the phone was activated on is shut off due to fraud. If someone says they just upgraded, make sure they are out of their exchange period. If they are, make sure they have had service for a while. If they are really brand new, they should have options for leaving without a termination fee.

cwbcpa

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I have bought and sold a lot of phones on Craigslist and eBay. Never had an issue. If you use Craigslist, be sure to meet the person at Verizon and have the phone activated.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

Kamen

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I ended up biting and bought it from the guy. He only had a short period of time as he was on a break from work so he couldn't do the exchange at a Verizon store, but I went right after I purchased it to one and it activated just fine on my account so we shall see. I am hoping that because it activated without issues then it is good to go.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site

That's the only way you should buy it. Verizon can verify it's good and clean and activate while you are there. I think you will love the 928. Good Luck.

Hockeymac18

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
It looks like you decided to go with the 928 (which I've been considering for a while), but I just thought I'd pass along this information I came along during my daily Google search of "Nokia 1020 Verizon"...

If this site is to be believed, it looks like there might be a Lumia 1020 variant coming to Verizon soon (october):
Nokia Lumia 1020 coming to Verizon in September - Mobile PC - iTech Post

I'm gonna personally wait to see if anything is announced at the end of this month...I can hold on to my crappy ***/buggy android phone in the mean time (although it's getting more difficult by the day). As a photographer, the picture-taking strengths of the 1020 are hard to pass up...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos