Cover for 1020 and Qi Charger?

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know of a rubberized or plastic case (fitted type) that goes over the phone with the charger back installed?

Finally got my charger back, so I'm back to 920 functionality (the 920 went to another family member), but am having trouble finding a case to cover it. I really like to have something on the phone to protect it. Inevitably I end up dropping it pulling it from my cycling jersey pocket or similar, and I've learned the hard way that I need to have a cover!

Seems like there would be covers for the phone with the charging adapter installed? It's a tough thing to search on, since using the Qi or similar just brings up the charger case, or the chargers...

Thanks,

-pete

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
You want a case that fits over the case?
Yep.
The Qi charging "cover" is more of just a buffer or shim, not truly a case, IMHO. Certainly not enough to protect anything but the back, if that, it doesn't wrap around the sides/corners of the phone at all.
I've almost always had a rubberized-plastic cover for phones, I'm a bit tough on them, but as long as I have one of these cases (and a screen protector), they survive the 2+ year cycles in great shape...

Thanks,

-pete

Virus39

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I can't seem to find it either. All I get is the charging cover itself, but nothing to go over it and the rest of the phone.

antiochian2010

May 11, 2013
Visit site
If you want a holster, measure the case on the phone, then look up holsters for either the HTC Titan II or some of the older, larger Garmin GPS devices in Amazon or eBay

bricky23

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Can't believe that some company hasn't made a protective case that fits with the wireless charger case on. Or with the wireless charger built in. They would sell a ton.

TopBanana83

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
I'm with pete, i would buy a cover for my phone and cover. A company could make a protective gel, silican case with qi. I would certainly buy it! If I see ought I will poost here!

Wayne

phander

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I'd like the same thing. But you can see why manufacturers aren't keen. Possible customer base = people with 1020, people with charging case, people who want to put phone AND charging case inside another case. It's gotta be small!

tgr42

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
The real customer base of interest is people who have a 1020 and want to do wireless charging. Make a product for those people that is a case with built-in support for wireless charging. Unfortunately even that number is too small, apparently.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786