I'm heartbroken!!

krox1105

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Nokia...the name that was synonymous to mobile phones in many countries, the most innovative brand in the whole history, but above all, the most loved brands of all times is no more.
Nokia was what drove me to Windows Phone. It was what made me learn programming for development for WP. Nokia was the sole reason which attracted my interest to technology. I felt so proud in telling everyone, "I own a Nokia." That shining logo sitting proudly at the top of each of my phones...it will be no more.
I know, the Nokians aren't dead, I know that they will just be working under a different name, but it still hurts to see the name disappear. Whenever I read something like "Nokia would never make a phone again," I get goosebumps. I am heartbroken. I will never ever see a Nokia phone again, and besides, 'Microsoft Lumia' would not sound all that great either.
Why did this have to happen? Nokia was making progress, although slowly, but it had finally gained momentum!! Why is every tech website overlooking the feels of loyal Nokia customers?? I know I am not the only one here with such love for Nokia!
Folks, I know the change maybe for good, but it hurts me to see the king of mobile devices be chained down like this.
What do you guys say? Any dedicated Nokia fan here?

DalekSnare

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I was the other way; I got a Nokia device because I liked Windows Phone and Nokia made the best ones. Hopefully it's just a change of name and the Nokia phone people will be able to keep going making amazing phones like they have before.

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
So, millions of dollars for development and access to patents and software is your idea of being 'chained down'? Stop reading the IT press, they know nothing!!!

Aledando

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
i'm italian and, as you probably know, in europe Nokia is THE company phone (even if at know it doesn't sell so much like in past), so you can understand that here is considered a great change...i'm just pleased that nokia hasn't been buyed by microsoft but it continue to exist with here maps and other services and, after 2015, it could be able to return on mobile world (but i don't think that it will happens so soon)...i hope that microsoft leave nokia team free to continue the great work that they are doing with, for example, the 1020 and all the apps that contain (ex: Amber update contains more updates than GDR2, even if it has to be just a personalization of GDR2 update)...to conclude i hope that this purchase will improve the WP software and hardware integration and that Nokia's soul (with cameraphones and continuing develop of innovative features) can survive...sorry for my bad english

krox1105

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I hope Microsoft will still allow Nokia to push innovation forward, and not make it a slow speed company like MS has been in the past.

Andre o Botelho

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I'm disappointed with the bad quality of new nokia devices and feel that with MS support Nokia will be more like Samsung Mobile, this is a proof that it died years ago...

Ultimateone

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I think this was to help both companies and Nokia needed as much help as does Microsoft, here's to more years of incredible phones with this partnership

paulxxwall

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Companies mainly sell out because thing aren't going good..look at Motorola.google bought them out and there not doing so good companies sell because they need help .any one seeing Samsung doing this ....i don't think so

darthhen

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
I understand what you're saying. I owned many Nokia products in the past. Even owned CRT monitors back in the days when they made them.

It's all business I guess. As long as the people still survive. From what I read on the Internet, Nokia's financial standing wasn't that great. Who knows how long it will take them to be stable.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
My first "smartphone" back in the mid-90's was a Nokia. Before that, almost every phone I owned was a Nokia.

I'll miss Nokia as a handset maker. But keep in mind that the whole business is still exists. It was just given to someone else with bigger pockets to run.

I think Nokia could have gone forward and remained in the handset business if they wanted to. But for the amount of money it costs to compete in that business, and the amount of time it would have required to gain supremecy again, the board probably thought focusing on other areas of business was smarter.

Nokia as a company is still going to be around. And they'll likely do well. We'll still see their name in location services and stuff.

grininja

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I was wandering... What about simple phones? Those that we use for... calling other people. Will they stop releasing them?

Glavata

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Another very sad and loyal Nokia user here. It was very shocking news to hear :| The only thing that made it a little better was my stocks on which I made a hefty return...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb