4 days lumia 1020,microphone problem-issue

piniout

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I bought from US an AT&T Unlocked Lumia 1020.
Well it worked fine 2 days.
Now I have one problem. The microphone or divice??
When I call or get called people can't hear me,only when I open loudspeaker they hear me.
When I record video it has crystal sound.
The only problem is when I call... Only loudspeaker or hands free works on calls. Please help me,I'm from Greece,so warrandy to change back is impossible....

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I bought from US an AT&T Unlocked Lumia 1020.
Well it worked fine 2 days.
Now I have one problem. The microphone or divice??
When I call or get called people can't hear me,only when I open loudspeaker they hear me.
When I record video it has crystal sound.
The only problem is when I call... Only loudspeaker or hands free works on calls. Please help me,I'm from Greece,so warrandy to change back is impossible....

Maybe it is the same as with Lumia 920 - it might be caused covered "noise cancellation" microphone (some dirty can make the same situation) - are you using some cover for your cp ? - in my Lumia 920, I just cleaned the tiny holes on the top and all was working well again ...

piniout

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Nope... It won't work. I don't know,but when I open loudspeaker I'm heard ,but on normal calls ,if I screen veeeery loud ,they hear like I'm on mounten and I call them!!..

pttptppt

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Have no clue how to fix as I don't have one yet, but I remember on my old bb torch, I had this problem. Only loudspeaker helped. Didn't find a solution so thanks to my warranty, I got a new one. Problem solved.

That was a few years ago so I'm not sure if it's the same problem, but it sounds similar

darthhen

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
piniout,

I would do a Reset on the phone to flush out any software issue. If that doesn't work, then try contacting Nokia directly to see if they will send you a new one. Sorry to hear about your problem.

Standy

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
I have the exact same issue. I started noticing microphone issues during the first week. At that point, if I turned the phone off and then back on it would start to work again. Then about two weeks into owning the phone, I took it into an AT&T store and they told me there was nothing wrong with it and that if I wanted a real diagnostic, they'd have to send it away for a few week...not really an option for me. The problem continued to get worse to where now the mic doesn't work at all, even after I've turned the phone off. Would love to understand how widespread the problem is and if there is a way I can get it fixed.

phander

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I have the exact same issue. I started noticing microphone issues during the first week. At that point, if I turned the phone off and then back on it would start to work again. Then about two weeks into owning the phone, I took it into an AT&T store and they told me there was nothing wrong with it and that if I wanted a real diagnostic, they'd have to send it away for a few week...not really an option for me. The problem continued to get worse to where now the mic doesn't work at all, even after I've turned the phone off. Would love to understand how widespread the problem is and if there is a way I can get it fixed.

With such a fundamental problem, I can't understand why you wouldn't return the phone. Surely this is more hassle than being without it for a few weeks?

bogdi giu

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
I was having the same problem .When i call someone , i was able to hear him crealy , but he hear me like i was under wather or so, only when i switch to loudspeaker he was able to hear me clearly.I google a lot , and nothing, some say it may be the update , but nothing...So i decided to buy a microphone (it comes with usb charging to), it is about 10 Euro in my country.I repleace it (very hard by the way,because you have to unmount the speaker too, beacuse it is glue to the board) and than worked normally, whell may be even better than another 1020 i've tested :).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos