The Power Button Shows The Backlight Of Screen?

deansmilk

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Does anybody else experience this? My girlfriend and I both bought 1020's and they both show the backlight when hitting the power button. It happens when the device is at whatever current screen youre on, after you hit the button the screen closes as should, but then I get a glimpse of backlight. Is this normal? Its annoying the hell out of me.

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Can you describe this more? What do you mean by a "glimpse of backlight"? Fwiw the 1020 doesn't have a backlight, though it is certainly possible that the entire AMOLED screen flickers after a power off.

deansmilk

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Can you describe this more? What do you mean by a "glimpse of backlight"? Fwiw the 1020 doesn't have a backlight, though it is certainly possible that the entire AMOLED screen flickers after a power off.

That is what it is, It is a flicker ( thanks I couldn't find the word to describe it ). Now by power off, do you mean a complete hold the button in and shut down? My situation ( if it is one) happens only by hitting the power button to close out the screen, followed by a flicker. The flicker is faint, fast, and reminds me of the color you would get with some backlight bleeding on a screen. I also notice it more at night/dark room. Is this normal?

Last edited:

krox1105

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Does anybody else experience this? My girlfriend and I both bought 1020's and they both show the backlight when hitting the power button. It happens when the device is at whatever current screen youre on, after you hit the button the screen closes as should, but then I get a glimpse of backlight. Is this normal? Its annoying the hell out of me.

It is really hard to guess what you're coming at with this info. How about a photo or a video of the issue?

deansmilk

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
It is really hard to guess what you're coming at with this info. How about a photo or a video of the issue?

I wouldn't be able to show it with a photo. The only way to describe it, if I was able to clarify, is in my post above yours. I might be able to do it with a video.

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
I have a 928 btw, but the 925, 928, and 1020 all share the same screen evidently.

Anyway, did see it last night. I have Glance set to Peek, so I could wave my hand at it, it would come on (whole display too, no individual power here), and occasionally it would do a full screen "flicker" when powering back down. Completely imperceptible during the day, but in a dark room, yes.

So you're not crazy, at least in regards to this. ;) :p

deansmilk

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
I have a 928 btw, but the 925, 928, and 1020 all share the same screen evidently.

Anyway, did see it last night. I have Glance set to Peek, so I could wave my hand at it, it would come on (whole display too, no individual power here), and occasionally it would do a full screen "flicker" when powering back down. Completely imperceptible during the day, but in a dark room, yes.

So you're not crazy, at least in regards to this. ;) :p

Ha, yeah. It is very noticeable at night. I'm wondering if this is normal for these screens or a defect?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3