Sony Experia Z1 vs Lumia 1020 - Z1 Better?

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
so then whats an S4/HTC One...An ADVANCED Phone with a subpar camerA?...

He just set it up weirdly :) . They are phones with small sensors and good enough camera , they are advanced in terms of apps ( I mean even though Android has thousands of fart apps, it is a ahead of WP in apps no denying that)/.

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
He just set it up weirdly :) . They are phones with small sensors and good enough camera , they are advanced in terms of apps ( I mean even though Android has thousands of fart apps, it is a ahead of WP in apps no denying that)/.

i know what was implied...i was just humouring the statement. however hows he;s come back with the most correct statement ever...which i....cannot...backlash....

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Hey, the Z1 may have a fantastic camera. By all accounts, it does. But from what I hear, the 1020 is just plain that much better.

Besides, it is WP. Certain segments will spend months looking for the Android to knock it off. It was the same when the iPhone had the best camera, which it did for truly a very long time. There was always an Android "iPhone killer" with the camera to dethrone it. Of course, it didn't, but Android seems to breed a small group of defensive Android-supporting writers. The 1020 is just an amazing piece of tech.

MyNL822

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
Are you only talking about camera? If not, for more apps, freedom, games, and more customization you need Z1. I love my phone but I couldn't afford Xperia I wanted by cutting lawns for $10, so I got a windows phone I liked(NL 822). Z1 is definitely gonna be great for playing games, just tell me a little more of your interests and I'll help you out. Top apps? Top games on your current device?

dba415

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I'd be shocked if the Z1 had a better camera than the 1020. Nokia compromised the design by adding that ugly large back just to accommodate the camera.

Needless to say, they put way more effort in order to make the camera good than Sony. The camera is the only thing that would make people switch from android to windowsphone, while Sony is content with android and being the best camera on android.

Hero Calibo

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
i those pictures are manipulated. we have all seen how the 1020 took pictures, and those pictures in that site totally sucks. i was like "man, these are not from the 1020. i can tell."

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
The 1020 pictures are clearly made to look at their worst. E.g. the coin and flower picture are simply taken from too close - reviews say the 1020 cannot be held super close on macro shots, but you simply hold it a little further back and zoom as required.

While the Z1 may be the best Andoid camera (yet to be proven), the 1020 6 lens setup and OIS will win overall.

JaimitoFrog

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
the OP link show the pics at 100%. there is more noise in the 1020. but that's expected with more pixels. they have to compare it at the same mag. white balance on the Z is better, but like others have said, WB can be easily adjusted on 1020.

the pix on post #4 here is the right way to compare, and 1020 does look better. look at the bricks on the road in the center.

frank ha

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
If you think that the 1020 image has soft corner, then you havent seen z1 image.. check out http://2.static.img-dpreview.com/files/p/E~sample_galleries/5820745257/1573456428.jpg
look at the crane in the left..wtf with that? It was a daylight shot but the crane's steel structures are blurry as hell.
Look at the windows lines at the white building in the centre..even at 100% crop, they have jagged lines, not straight.
also if you 100% crop the full resolution image, look at the sky and you'll see many black artifacts/dots.

Last edited:

stalemate1

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone, im a huge NokiafFan and own the Lumia 920. I am eagerly awaiting the Lumia 1020 upgrade for the monster camera.

Anyway I just came across this on GSMArena: Sony Xperia Z1 vs Nokia Lumia 1020 shootout surfaces, yields surprising results - GSMArena Blog

It came from this source: Camera comparison: Nokia Lumia 1020 vs Sony Xperia Z1 - tbreak

They are basically saying the Z1 camera is better than the 1020 camera?

Was wondering what you all thought about this? Anyone have any other comparisons of these two cameras? With the 1020 we have something to brag about and tell all our iSheep and Droid friends that Windows Phone is the best for camera phones, it would be a shame to lose that title before its even released in UK.

Why brag ?....you can never change someone's opinion of what device is better, who cares what other people think about your phone....it's your own money you used to get it , not theirs....if you are happy with it then thats all that counts, I also used to suffer from fanboyism, it's a good thing to break free from as you are untouchable from opinions from those around you, so you will never have to look at your device in a negative light. :smile:

Just relax and stop trying to justify everything :smile:

Just my 2 cents...

scottygb2k

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
I understand what your saying. I just like showing off what WP can do and the Camera would be awesome way of doing that.

Guess it helps people see what WP is about as alot of iSheep just write it off but when they actually use my phone most of them say they like it.

stalemate1

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
I understand what your saying. I just like showing off what WP can do and the Camera would be awesome way of doing that.

Guess it helps people see what WP is about as alot of iSheep just write it off but when they actually use my phone most of them say they like it.

If you want to impress iPhone users then show them your SD card slot and removable battery, also they believe in numbers and not performance, as soon as they hear 41MP camera they will stand in aw no matter how good or terrible it is. Oh and when they ask about the os, tell them that your lumia runs on some experimental version of ios, that will stop their biased opinions. Most (NOT ALL-MAINLY THE NON TECH SAVVY ONES) of them are that gullible, (they buy new iPhones simply because apple says they are better without checking specs and NEUTRAL reviews)

PS (post script)

I wish you all the best in promoting Windows phone :smile:

Oh and don't forget to blot out the Nokia logo and stick on an Apple logo sticker.

Last edited:

LastBattle

May 26, 2012
Visit site
Z1 is not actually any better. Take a look at these comparisons.

Camera comparison: how do the Sony Xperia Z1 and LG G2 fare against the competition? - Recombu

View attachment 42683

It looks like Sony is trying to manipulate the results and hypes of the phone.

View attachment 42682

Well they always do. Remember how Sony tries to claim the PS3 that's over 3x faster than Xbox 360?
Look what happened, its the interplay of software and hardware that matters. And many games run significantly better on the Xbox than PS3.
Same thing can be applied on Android, S4 still lags even with octa core. While iOS/Windows Phone runs fine on single/dual core.

So again, do you think the 30% gain of performance on PS4 over Xbox One is better?

Whatever product you launch, you need something for fans to brag about.. they are the ones that'll hype it even if its crap

Last edited:

stalemate1

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
The only way to really know is to hold up both phones together and fire away with the cameras...I will say that Sony do build excellent camera phones, I mean several years ago they brought out the cyber shot range. I believe that Sony have the best camera phones out of Android,
But I have not seen it WITH MY OWN EYES in MY OWN HANDS, go against the galaxy zoom and galaxy S4...until then I cant base my judgments on anything. The best way I can think of comparing any camera phones (other than holding them in your own hands) is YouTube, it's harder to edit the image quality in a video.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99