09-14-2013 08:19 AM
255 ... 91011
tools
    Don't put words in my mouth. I value good reporting but I'm not an *****. Journalist jazz it up to make it seem worse or better than it is. She reviews every single tech item out there. If you think she spends her entire life learning everything about every piece of tech then you have a lot longer day than the rest of us. If you are so upset and freaked out then write your congressman or drive to cnet and picket. Complaining here does nothing.
    Didn't pit words in your mouth. Just observing your behavior.

Why are you insisting that we shouldn't talk about this on a WP board?

Who says we haven't taken any other more productive action in addition to expressing our opinions here? What's your problem with us having a problem with dishonest reporting?

Do you know what it means to be a professional and to do a professional job? All the excuses you're making sound like a joke to any professional.
    teckris likes this.
    09-13-2013 10:00 PM
    Don't put words in my mouth. I value good reporting but I'm not an *****. Journalist jazz it up to make it seem worse or better than it is. She reviews every single tech item out there. If you think she spends her entire life learning everything about every piece of tech then you have a lot longer day than the rest of us. If you are so upset and freaked out then write your congressman or drive to cnet and picket. Complaining here does nothing.

Look, as former military myself, you and me both are well familiar with the phrase "attention to detail" and the costs of failing to adhere to that standard. I find it quite odd that someone of your background would be willing to let sloppy work slide. I certainly don't. Her failure to take 10-15 minutes to make sure the phone was setup correctly and to do a simple search for Instagram in the app store is inexcusable. It impacts the lives of those who designed, make, and sell this phone, as well as the impact it has on the growth of the ecosystem and community. How large of an impact is unknown, and irrelevant. Just a couple of hundred people being turned away due to those statements could deny a few raises. It also could mean a couple hundred less WP evangelists.

She failed to do her job correctly, and a number of forums are calling her out on it to try and undo the damage. Why you have such a beef against this, is beyond me.
    teckris and Bartdog like this.
    09-13-2013 10:40 PM
    Have you ever actually helped clueless people use technology products? You (and most people around here) give them far too much credit. I've helped people who found it nearly impossible to just enter text into a form on a phone, like you need to do when configuring account settings. And people jump to conclusions all the time. Can't immediately figure out how to do something? It must not be possible. Really, so many people think that way. And when they get stuck, they return the phone and get an iPhone, or even a feature phone.
    This doesn't happen. Like, literally it does not happen. You're making this up. If someone buys a wp8 phone and can't figure out how to upload a picture on facebook, they ask someone and figure it out. They won't drive back to a store and demand to be switched to an iphone when it's no easier to upload a picture to facebook with that iphone. And yes, I have helped tech illiterate people -- my mom. She's as tech illiterate as they come, so she sticks to her basic feature phone. People who drop hundreds on a smartphone like the 1020 aren't people like my mom.
    09-14-2013 01:55 AM
    Of course it's not always possible to come up with a design where the user cannot fail. But often you can come very close, certainly a lot closer than has been done here in the case of sharing a photo on Facebook. And I've already explained how, twice.

By the way, I didn't just jump into this thread with my crazy ideas out of nowhere. I only posted to show support for someone else who raised legitimate points and was unfairly and immaturely attacked by multiple people. Every point I've raised has been in direct response to others. But I know it's a long messy thread and I don't blame people for not following the convoluted path of discussion.
    MS has enough things to worry about than listening to lies and trying to fix non existent problems.
    09-14-2013 01:58 AM
    This thread has long-since passed its expiry date and is no longer contributing anything to the discussion or community. Closed.
    crash1989, nohra and tgr42 like this.
    09-14-2013 08:19 AM
255 ... 91011