Annoying Woman from a famous site reviews Lumia 1020 .. irks people off including me

Status
Not open for further replies.

antiochian2010

May 11, 2013
Visit site
To be fair, I liked her manner - I think more people actually considering buying a phone will listen to people like her rather than phone geeks.

It's a shame she has such incredible sloppy journalism skills - before saying a phone 'can't' do something, why couldn't she take a few minutes and actually ASK someone??

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
To be fair, I liked her manner - I think more people actually considering buying a phone will listen to people like her rather than phone geeks.

It's a shame she has such incredible sloppy journalism skills - before saying a phone 'can't' do something, why couldn't she take a few minutes and actually ASK someone??

I mean I hope people are not so dumb, if you go by that logic of liking her manner I just found another gem from this dumb show of hers .... Just watch the torture test the lumia 920 and iPhone skip to 17.25 to realize that she misses to tell us why iPhone got protection .. so unsuspecting people like me would obviously find it irritating and unfair. (I speculate they might have done a torture test on iPhone earlier but failed to inform users about it in the show)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCZjRtzibYw

Last edited:

bozza72

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
she didnt have the facebook app installed thats why she couldnt upload, as for instgram come come on 1 minute research would have given her a bunch of apps

Darkgift

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
I shud just become a reviewer...ill smoke a bowl and make some **** up then collect my check...lol

Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Tapatalk

prakashdg

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Don't know why cnet has such animosity towards o.ses other than ios and android....they literally bend over backwards to mention and praise the iPhone in evry review and video they put out...especially Jessica Dolcourt...her review of the 808 pureview stands testimony to her ignorance.

Last edited:

John20212

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I mean I hope people are not so dumb, if you go by that logic of liking her manner I just found another gem from this dumb show of hers .... Just watch the torture test the lumia 920 and iPhone skip to 17.25 to realize that she misses to tell us why iPhone got protection .. so unsuspecting people like me would obviously find it irritating and unfair. (I speculate they might have done a torture test on iPhone earlier but failed to inform users about it in the show)

LOL, yeah remarkable that a case protects a phone, dumb ****, the iphone would be in thousand pieces if it was tested like the Lumia 920, which survived and all you would need is to replace the screen as oposed to the whole iPhone.

JaimitoFrog

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
she was talking about instagram. but that's there are several 3rd party apps that can do that. i dont use it cause i dislike instagram. it does look like her facebook settings are not entered either. whatever.

the camera response lag is not the same as "shutter speed". she obviously doesnt know a lot about photography, and represents most of the iphone users. for a quicky snap shots, the regular windows phone camera app is the one she should have used. she doesnt know how to use a windows phone. the other lady on Cnet is better.

her comment that the nokia doesn't do much else. wtf? it's got a better screen, fluid OS, can sync with outlook exchange at work, has office apps, better web browser experience, etc.

she once said she doesnt want to buy samsung S4 cause the intro product announcement show was sexist. talk about petty.

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
she was talking about instagram. but that's there are several 3rd party apps that can do that. i dont use it cause i dislike instagram. it does look like her facebook settings are not entered either. whatever.

the camera response lag is not the same as "shutter speed". she obviously doesnt know a lot about photography, and represents most of the iphone users. for a quicky snap shots, the regular windows phone camera app is the one she should have used. she doesnt know how to use a windows phone. the other lady on Cnet is better.

her comment that the nokia doesn't do much else. wtf? it's got a better screen, fluid OS, can sync with outlook exchange at work, has office apps, better web browser experience, etc.

she once said she doesnt want to buy samsung S4 cause the intro product announcement show was sexist. talk about petty.

I mean I would have settled for the obligatory comment about No official app for instagram, but she just somehow proved it was not possible. (She said "I wish I could" lol)

She meant capture delay, shutter speed is from 1/16k to 4s .. yup , but I agree that Pro cam is slower. absolutely fine with that.

I mean windows phone as other tech sites have stressed has been out for three years and them being professional tech site reviewers, still don't know how to use it and they expect people to take their word on Mobile devices.
Well at least she is happy with the lanyard cable.

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Right, try asking her doing some reframing after capturing some shots on her iPhone. And we shall see which produces the better results. Not to mention that iPhone camera cannot even control specified things like shutter speed and manual focusing.

teckris

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site

In the first review [given on the Thread] I thought it was due to some lack of preparation.. in the second I knew it was well prepared.
They try to promote the ****Phone.. even they have paused a little on the Kindle descriptio somewhere to show Steve jobs on screen :p
also it is clearly biased review. the phones are not treated equally. the iphone gets the Protection and also it is put Face Down, where as all others are unprotected ad Face Up...

and the review about BB Z10, wow.. "It looks like all other phones" so what it means? the iphone does look different?
this Review is surely something that must be sued...

Last edited:

HM02

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
lmfao that gif I posted got deleted because it had a bad word in it and there's too many children on this site.
k
tumblr_me5m8hIVWv1rani6a.gif

Now on topic, as for the highly uneducated woman, I just can't at her.. How does she even have a job there?

derDaniel

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Are they using original hardware for such pressure tests. Seems like the internet is full of those tests and I don't get the point in crashing expensive hardware...

boovish

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
Re: Anooying Woman from a famous site reviews Lumia 1020 .. irks people off including me

It was, until the Lumias arrived

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb