Annoying Woman from a famous site reviews Lumia 1020 .. irks people off including me

Status
Not open for further replies.

wamsille

Banned
Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
And while Nokia doesn't have a branded "lite" version of its current high-end handset, the Lumia 520 on AT&T's GoPhone network, is a respectable second-tier device that, at $99.99 prepaid, goes for the same price as the iPhone 5C and the HTC One Mini. (The 520 also goes by Lumia 521 under T-Mobile, and costs $120.)

Oh, I see what they are doing. Apple has the iPhone 5C and Nokia has the Lumia 520 - they must be on par with one another. And what's more, when you factor in a contract they are the same price! How about that!

There isn't a lite version of the Lumia line - it's just the Lumia family of devices...unlike Apple that kicks a phone released a year ago to the curb like a red-headed stepchild. People will still be using the Lumia 900 going into next year and upgrade to whatever is out in April for Windows Phone.

Lucidlore

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Apologised? Are you serious? It's a review of a consumer product. She didn't murder anyone.

I think you're a bit confused. If you murder someone, you go to jail; an apology isn't sufficient. When you mislead your readers and the public because you're too damn lazy to do your job properly, an apology is very appropriate.

Andraz Podjaversek

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Apologised? Are you serious? It's a review of a consumer product. She didn't murder anyone.

Her job is to give accurate information in her review. Her actions mislead her customers/viewers.

Yes, an apology is in order.

Do you not believe that a person should apologize when they do a bad job do a disservice to their customers?

Nick_1020

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Her job is to give accurate information in her review. Her actions mislead her customers/viewers.

Do you not believe that a person should apologize when they do a bad job do a disservice to their customers?

Don't hold your breath.

Lies and bias are printed and published by all forms of the media on a daily basis.

There will be no acknowledgement of wrongdoing over this review and mark my words, there will be more.

As far as modern media goes, she was doing her job.

Beast of Haeven

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site

I see what your saying, you should apologize for blatantly lying to people but all Cnet needs to do is pull the video.

falconrap

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Wow is about all I can come up with. Between Molly and Lynn, CNet just isn't what it used to be. It's a dive now. I mean, seriously, they compared an iPhone 5C with a Lumia 520? You can buy 5 520's for the price of one 5C! Not only that, it probably runs almost as good! Put the 925 or 928 in there. That's more comparable - of course, you don't want the 5C to look too bad (rolling my eyes). And seriously, adding accounts, including Facebook, is right there when the user starts their experience with WP. If someone can't figure out how to login to Facebook from WP, they aren't going to succeed in Android or iPhone either. Funny how I can go to my Camera Roll, hit ellipse, select "share..." and...drum roll please...THERE's FACEBOOK! Wow! Where's my Staples Easy button?

If I was Nokia, I would publicly demand a retraction and apology from CNet on Twitter. This would force them to properly respond, and the viral nature of this would fix most of the damage, and be good publicity, much like teasing Apple.

Nick_1020

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Wow is about all I can come up with. Between Molly and Lynn, CNet just isn't what it used to be. It's a dive now. I mean, seriously, they compared an iPhone 5C with a Lumia 520? You can buy 5 520's for the price of one 5C! Not only that, it probably runs almost as good! Put the 925 or 928 in there. That's more comparable - of course, you don't want the 5C to look too bad (rolling my eyes). And seriously, adding accounts, including Facebook, is right there when the user starts their experience with WP. If someone can't figure out how to login to Facebook from WP, they aren't going to succeed in Android or iPhone either. Funny how I can go to my Camera Roll, hit ellipse, select "share..." and...drum roll please...THERE's FACEBOOK! Wow! Where's my Staples Easy button?

If I was Nokia, I would publicly demand a retraction and apology from CNet on Twitter. This would force them to properly respond, and the viral nature of this would fix most of the damage, and be good publicity, much like teasing Apple.

Nokia are too busy releasing poster campaigns about the iPhone's new colour schemes.

Lets see how that kills Apple sales eh Nokia?

I reckon the ghost of Steve Jobs is Nokia's head of marketing and advertising.

What with the complete lack of advertising and release info in some countries for the 808 and now the 1020, there may be some truth in that statement.

_Emi_

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Has she apologized yet?

If she hasn't, then I don't think she's been criticized enough.

haha, I wouldn't expect an apology!
but its funny to see and know how dumb people can be 2 years ago, she did it, and still she does it. I don't know why she is "popular" but its not for knowing about phones for sure.
I guess some people can do their jobs without actually researching, using a search engine, and read the manual. its sad buy true!

it would be funny if she apologized but, didn't happen 2 years ago when everyone told her tips in comment section and she ignored them. and then a final review full of lies, ignorance and mistakes. and not even about %5 of what WP could do at a time.

its just make me laugh but at the same time sad, to see people like her not knowing anything but still there being watched and listened for some unknown reason I really don't know.

falconeight

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
I think she was correct it so many ways. The first is the anxiety of being on iPhone for so long. More than likely she is not a techie but a consumer who wants to be in reporting. If you hand the lumia 1020 to any of my family and let them use it for a day. I suspect they will say and act the same way. Is the shutter speed slow? yes it is. Is it a different operating system that would take more than a day to know how to use it? yes is does. Is it big and gangly? yes its big. Its good that people like her exist and review tech. She is a majority of tech consumers and they know apple. I don't blame her. But yes she was dead wrong in the eyes of people who know wp8.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I think she was correct it so many ways. The first is the anxiety of being on iPhone for so long. More than likely she is not a techie but a consumer who wants to be in reporting. If you hand the lumia 1020 to any of my family and let them use it for a day. I suspect they will say and act the same way. Is the shutter speed slow? yes it is. Is it a different operating system that would take more than a day to know how to use it? yes is does. Is it big and gangly? yes its big. Its good that people like her exist and review tech. She is a majority of tech consumers and they know apple. I don't blame her. But yes she was dead wrong in the eyes of people who know wp8.
Not just in the eyes of people who know WP8.

Wrong is wrong.

When she, as a PROFESSIONAL, makes statements about what the phone can and can't do, it'd different than if some random person does it. Her words carry weight and responsibility.

She made false statements about what the Lumia 1020 can and can't do. Period.

She can love or hate it. It doesn't matter.

Making false statements about it is irresponsible, and in her case, dishonest. She used a WP7 phone for a few weeks before. She KNOWS that Facebook uploading is built right into the OS, yet in the review she states the exact opposite as fact.

People need to remember that she's not just some random consumer. She is the tech editor for CNET.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786