Unknown "objects" on my Lumia 1020 display when showing black screen

pezley

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
For anyone curious , it would be very lucky to have one with out this. It comes from binding the OLED to the digitizer/Glass.

The Playstation Vita suffered from it, as do most OLED. It's just down to how it's manufactured.

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
So I wonder am I the only one has the issue or found it.

I just found this when I am on bed all lights turned off and switch on the camera and saw there are two black objects on the screen and worried there is a fault, and do the same test with 925 I have. It shows the black object too. So I think every phone has this issue.

And also it is hard to
notice .

Sent from my RM-875_im_india_230 using Tapatalk

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site

I just found this when I am on bed all lights turned off and switch on the camera and saw there are two black objects on the screen and worried there is a fault, and do the same test with 925 I have. It shows the black object too. So I think every phone has this issue.

And also it is hard to
notice .

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

And also it is hard to
notice .

I don't have any objects, so it's not every phone...

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Re: Unknown objects on my Lumia 1020 while showing black screen

Yes. I just posted this in the problems and defects thread.

I wrote:I'm noticing black lines and spots on this AMOLED screen with a dark background. Take a look at the screen against a gray or dark picture. This is stuff that I encountered on the Galaxy S2 but Samsung seemed to fix on the S3 going forward. Wonder where Nokia is getting these screens because its not the best quality.

Certainly not the best AMOLED panels that Nokia is using.

I had similar things on my N8, but it never really bothered me cos you sorta had to look for them to see them :p

manilabeans

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I just noticed now that I have this issue to. I have a big blob at the upper left hand corner of my screen. It is also not a deal breaker for me as it is but I just wanted to make sure. For those who've had experience with such defects before, does it worsen? Or this is pretty much it? I am on my 9th day so I wont be able to have this unit replaced anyway..

Ixia

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
I had this with my first 1020. Looking at a black screen in an unlit room, the screen looked dark brown, there were a couple of blobs and lines showing in black. The wobbly lines almost looked like someone had drawn them behind the screen with one of those paint type apps (if that makes any sense!). It wasn't hugely noticeable, but I'd paid a lot for the phone and wanted it to be right.
Phones 4 U were good and exchanged the phone without quibbling. I'm glad I returned it, the screen is different on the replacement, jet black when viewed at night.

ZtwentyTen

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone..

i also facing same problem and this is answered from nokia service center regarding this matters.

Thank you for your continued conversations with us.
We understand that you are curious about the spot that is showing on the screen of your Nokia Lumia 1020. In response to your concern, kindly be informed that the so called ?black shadows? are an AMOLED ?characteristic? that we cannot fix. It is related to the electronics (TFT) inside the panel which is causing uneven dark states in the pixels.

There are differences from panel to panel and in some cases black shadows are more noticeable only in totally dark environment.

We hope for your kind understanding regarding this matter..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12