Glance Issues...

VAUROS

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Is anyone else experiencing functionality issues with glance? After the latest update to glance/display, when I set it to 'Peek' it still shows up when I flip the phone over instead of me having to wave my hand to invoke glance. Also, my notifications for e-mail, texts, or missed calls don't show up on the glance screen.

What gives?

hcrick

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
No issues here, a wave of my hand is all it takes. Just make sure you're waving over the proximity sensor located beside the front camera.

hcrick

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't know, it's flipped over :)

Peek still works when flipped over. The time will reappear anytime the proximity sensor gets triggered. If your phone has been placed face down then all you need to do is pick it up and look at it and the time will reappear.

VAUROS

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
If I choose 'Interval' then glance works whenever I flip the phone over, but if I leave the phone face up for more than 15 mins, then it disables glance until the proximity is reset (by either putting the phone face down and back up or after the phone goes back into standby). So, with Peak, the description reads that the function works by waving your hand over the screen of the phone. If you analyze what that is saying, you would assume that glance would ONLY work by waving your hand over the phone, not in addition to flipping the phone over face up.

Maybe I'm missing something.

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Is Peek consuming lots of power? When I have it turned on, seems like the battery consumption goes down much faster on my 925.

hcrick

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Yea, I know that and I think it is weird. I don't see the point of Peek if flipping it over triggers the sensor anyway. Oh well.

Thanks

Here's the difference:

Peek - time disappears after 15 seconds and will not reappear until proximity sensor detects a change (wave, flip, etc)

Interval - time is displayed for 15 minutes, disappears for 15 minutes, then shows again for 15 minutes, disappears for 15 minutes, and so on. When the time is not displayed you can manually bring it up with a wave or flip as well.

hcrick

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Is Peek consuming lots of power? When I have it turned on, seems like the battery consumption goes down much faster on my 925.

I keep double tap and glance / peek on all the time because the difference for me wasn't that noticeable, about 5% extra drain per day.

prest208

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
I took back my 1020 today .got another one...went into glance settings...but unlike the other phone ..I no longer had peek as an option..only .off .timed or always on...what's up with that?

tgr42

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
For some reason they don't pre-load the latest version of the software on these brand new phones, and it doesn't make the necessary updates available to you until like 24-48 hours after you've first set up the phone. After you get these updates, check the settings again and you should see peek there. If you don't want to wait, there is a way to force the updates. Search around on this forum or maybe someone else will remember off hand what it was. I didn't use it but I remember seeing someone mention it.

prest208

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
For some reason they don't pre-load the latest version of the software on these brand new phones, and it doesn't make the necessary updates available to you until like 24-48 hours after you've first set up the phone. After you get these updates, check the settings again and you should see peek there. If you don't want to wait, there is a way to force the updates. Search around on this forum or maybe someone else will remember off hand what it was. I didn't use it but I remember seeing someone mention it.

Ok thx ..I'll wait it out

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans