10-14-2013 02:18 PM
363 ... 45678 ...
tools
    From UK Mail on Twitter via direct message.

"We do not have the parcel, but because we have recieved the electronic data it looks like we do...."
    "O2 have confirmed they still have all Nokia Lumia 1020. I will confirm with you once they have advised the correct date."

There won't be any 1020 deliveries until 25th September. May as well go to work guys.
    Rod Hull likes this.
    09-19-2013 05:19 AM
    I will post evidence in a min when i have a chance.
    Here's the evidence as promised...

This still leaves us with the issue where O2 have started billing us already, despite not having a phone
    Attached Thumbnails screenshot-13-09-19-12_51_03.png   screenshot-13-09-19-12_51_14.png   screenshot-13-09-19-12_51_25.png  
    Last edited by Salem874; 09-19-2013 at 07:11 AM.
    09-19-2013 06:53 AM
    Ties in with what I was told yesterday - "..Essentially he told me I wouldn't get the phone till the 25th, the couriers have the paper invoices for the shipments but not the physical handsets so they can't process them from the main depot..."

Well, just back to square one - waiting for the 25th. At least no more texts from UKMail, that would be a pain.
    09-19-2013 09:59 AM
    I've just finished reading through this thread. I wish I'd searched for it earlier as it would have saved a couple of hours on the phone to UK Mail and O2.

What I was eventually told by an O2 representative this evening was that they had passed the consignment details with the SIM cards to UK Mail, who would then combine them with the Lumia 1020 packs when they arrive from Nokia on the 24th/25th (she was ambiguous about the date). She agreed that it was unfortunate that O2 had emailed to say the devices had been despatched and that UK Mail had also followed this up with a text. She also confirmed that an airtime credit would be applied to our accounts once the phones arrive and the SIM cards are active.

Anyway, according to her the phone should be with me on the 25th September or just after, which is what they originally said! I wish there hadn't been all this confusion - it's been a tale of excitement followed by disappointment all week, plus my wife stayed in on two days in case the phone arrived!

Anyway - thanks to all those who posted - it's reassuring when you find out you're not the only one!
    09-20-2013 01:44 PM
    Don't suppose if anyone knows whether Phones4U are including the accessory bundle with their price of 549 for an unlocked 1020 please?
    09-21-2013 06:14 PM
    Don't suppose if anyone knows whether Phones4U are including the accessory bundle with their price of 549 for an unlocked 1020 please?
    The press release kind of implies that all Phones4U pre-orders will get the accessory pack, but only 4G orders will get the wireless speaker. You'd need to confirm with them though - do they have online chat like O2? If they do and an advisor confirms you will get the accessory pack then at least you have a written record of the conversation in case it doesn't arrive.
    09-22-2013 01:23 AM
    The press release kind of implies that all Phones4U pre-orders will get the accessory pack, but only 4G orders will get the wireless speaker. You'd need to confirm with them though - do they have online chat like O2? If they do and an advisor confirms you will get the accessory pack then at least you have a written record of the conversation in case it doesn't arrive.
    Don't think they have a live support option on their website but they have a shop fairly local to me so I'll pop in there tomorrow to find out for sure. I don't think the wireless speaker will apply to me as I'll be purchasing a sim free model which won't include a plan...

However, if I purchase from Phones4U, I will try my best to get one thrown in as part of the deal! :)
    09-22-2013 06:51 AM
    Just noticed that it appears the free accessories are all black, even if you order a yellow or white phone. Don't think they will look very good when you put them on :(

clove.co.uk says - Accessories will be black in colour.

o2.co.uk says
    "..with a black wireless charging cover and matching wireless charging plate". Also the pictures show black accessories, even if you select the yellow phone.
    09-22-2013 02:13 PM
    Just noticed that it appears the free accessories are all black, even if you order a yellow or white phone. Don't think they will look very good when you put them on :(

clove.co.uk says - Accessories will be black in colour.

o2.co.uk says
    "..with a black wireless charging cover and matching wireless charging plate". Also the pictures show black accessories, even if you select the yellow phone.
    That kinds sucks. If i'd not been so excited about pre-orders going up, and had taken note I'd have chosen a Black 1020 just for colour-matching
    09-22-2013 03:36 PM

clove.co.uk says - [I]Accessories will be black in colour.
    well I didn't know that. and it kinda makes a once attractive offer very unattractive now. I ordered mine from clove. black accs with a yellow phone? el crapo!

Sent from my Nexus 4
    09-22-2013 05:14 PM
    well I didn't know that. and it kinda makes a once attractive offer very unattractive now. I ordered mine from clove. black accs with a yellow phone? el crapo!

Sent from my Nexus 4
    Hmmmm.... I pre-ordered a white one from p4u and in the small print it states that the white phone will ship with the yellow accs pack. I rang up to request a black accs pack and they said they can put a note on my pre-order but cannot guarantee 100%. If this is the case do you want to swap your black accs kit for my yellow accs kit as I think the black will match the white better than the yellow.
    09-22-2013 06:09 PM
    Got an email from O2 to say mine is on the way! Although when I log in to the O2 site to check the status, I'm not seeing anywhere to track it?
    09-23-2013 06:07 AM
    Does anyone have an idea on how well the 1020 is pre-selling in the UK please?

Is it faring better or worse than expected?
    09-23-2013 06:39 AM

One thing is for certain. With the monumental mess that O2 have made of the launch so far if any of the units they send out have defects after all this messing about there will be a riot.

I got a text today from UKmail telling me that they probably wouldn't be able to deliver my phone on the 20/9/13.

Shambolic.
    uktivo likes this.
    09-23-2013 06:49 AM
    Nobody will know that apart from a select few. I've got to say, they've (possibly) lost one sale from me after the announcement of the 1520. I was poised to take the 1020 on O2's offer but the announcement of the 1520 has made me hesitate. I know they're different beasts (and the 'bigger, better, just round the corner' is a fool's game) but for someone upgrading from the 920, the 1520 represents something quite exciting...

I'm out and about less than most so the bulk/size of either phone doesn't worry me. But real estate on the screen of the 1520 would satisfy that niggling hunger I've had for a Note-sized phone, plus (almost) the camera benefit of the 1020.

Got one more day to wrestle with my wishes. No doubt I'll pull the trigger on the 1020 after a few drinks late tomorrow.
    09-23-2013 07:06 AM
    Shambolic is right.

I actually cancelled my order before changing my mind and reinstating it. Why should I lose out on the phone I want because O2 have been so incompetence?

One plus side though is that I've rediscovered how good the camera on the Lumia 925 really is. I'd resigned myself to making do with the 925 and started taking some photos on it again.
    09-23-2013 07:10 AM
    ordered mine from 4G EE

12 month Contract, 3gb data unlimited everything else. 56 a month ( - %10 loyalty discount ) + 29.99 for the handset.
    Makes it 634.99 a year. Considering the handset is 549.99 that makes the monthly line rental and usage 6.60.

Happy with that.

Supposed to be here Wednesday, we shall see. i don't trust companies delivery estimates.
    09-23-2013 07:11 AM
    One thing is for certain. With the monumental mess that O2 have made of the launch so far if any of the units they send out have defects after all this messing about there will be a riot.

I got a text today from UKmail telling me that they probably wouldn't be able to deliver my phone on the 20/9/13.

Shambolic.
    Nokia, the carriers and the resellers haven't exactly crowned themselves with glory on the 1020.

Most of the blame has to sit with with Nokia though. They somehow managed to butcher 12th September for many people waiting on a phone. That could have been avoided if they had added the words pre and release to their Tweet.

The lack of information from carriers has been shocking though. I can only imaging the uproar if the same level of info was given to iPhone customers...there would be riots. I would even go as far as predicting the end of world.
    [/hyperbole]

The phone had better be worth it.
    09-23-2013 07:13 AM
    Nobody will know that apart from a select few. I've got to say, they've (possibly) lost one sale from me after the announcement of the 1520. I was poised to take the 1020 on O2's offer but the announcement of the 1520 has made me hesitate. I know they're different beasts (and the 'bigger, better, just round the corner' is a fool's game) but for someone upgrading from the 920, the 1520 represents something quite exciting...

I'm out and about less than most so the bulk/size of either phone doesn't worry me. But real estate on the screen of the 1520 would satisfy that niggling hunger I've had for a Note-sized phone, plus (almost) the camera benefit of the 1020.

Got one more day to wrestle with my wishes. No doubt I'll pull the trigger on the 1020 after a few drinks late tomorrow.
    The 1520 sure does look exciting...very tempting but the size puts me off somewhat.
    09-23-2013 07:14 AM
    Shambolic is right.

I actually cancelled my order before changing my mind and reinstating it. Why should I lose out on the phone I want because O2 have been so incompetence?

One plus side though is that I've rediscovered how good the camera on the Lumia 925 really is. I'd resigned myself to making do with the 925 and started taking some photos on it again.
    Well at least you managed to cancel yours. Ive cancelled mine twice now, yet its still due to be delivered on the 25th along with everyone elses.
    09-23-2013 07:17 AM
    Well at least you managed to cancel yours. Ive cancelled mine twice now, yet its still due to be delivered on the 25th along with everyone elses.
    That is insane. These people have no idea what customer service is.
    09-23-2013 07:30 AM
    At least its due to be delivered, mine still says the 18th!
    09-23-2013 07:42 AM
    Just got a text from UKMail saying mine is due to be delivered tomorrow. Fingers crossed!
    09-23-2013 08:13 AM
    Popped into Phones4U today and they confirmed that the accessory pack will not be available on the sim free phones.

Expansys or Clove it is then!
    09-23-2013 08:38 AM
    but the size puts me off somewhat.
    agree with this. I have my limits size wise for a phone and the 1020 is it :)

Sent from my Nexus 4
    09-23-2013 09:10 AM
363 ... 45678 ...