Lumia 1020 - UK Release - 12TH September

Salem874

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Before yours was "out for delivery" did they say delivery would be today?

Mine says delivery between 13:30 & 17:30 today, but after calling O2 and contacting them twice yesterday, they said delivery would be 25th. Called UK Mail this morning, and they too said delivery would NOT be today... As such, i came in to work and will be off tomorrow as originally planned.

About the lack of accessories...this is disappointing. I had the same issue with my Lumia 820. Was advertised as including a wireless charging cover and plate, both of which didn't materialise. Although I did noticed that my 820 confirmation order didn't specify this. When i queried this with O2 i was told it was "in the box".

When my 820 arrived, without said extras, i contacted O2 who credited me ?60 (they listed the value of the extras as ?60 online) so i could buy it separately, problem is, at the time th retail value was more like ?80, so never got it in the end.

I'd specifically asked about the Lumia 1020 extras, telling them about my previous experience, and was assured it WOULD be included with the phone. I didnt worry about it as much as my order confirmation clearly mentions the ?150 worth of accessories.

Nick_1020

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Right...I'm going to order today.

I'm gonna go for the yellow 1020 with the accessory pack. Besides Clove and Expansys, are there any other trusted, reputable online retailers that are selling the 1020 with the accessories at a price that can match or beat those stores please?

Any help will be rewarded with a thanks and a like and virtual pint :)

pezley

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Haggling still works but ymmv. I've successfully haggled free stuff from my phone carrier in the past..also from Nokia too. Sometimes the answer is no but it's still worth a try.

Sorry, i wasn't suggesting that there is no room for movement but it's very marginal compared to what it has been in the past.

Rod Hull

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
Phone just arrived - but no accessory pack! Nothing about having to redeem it included with the phone either...

Miracles do happen! Although I must confess that I am extremely jealous that you've got your paws on yours and mine is still stuck in the past in some time vortex (last Tuesday, apparently).

sdc1

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Mine is still stuck at delayed and showing delivery last week. If there are no accessories I might very well explode.

yeoldgreat1

May 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm starting to get worried about mine now. I got a confirmation email when I placed my order to say it was on it's way. There is no sign of the parcel number on UK Mail's website.

I spoke to O2 live chat and was told the phone was Out of Stock and they would try to rush my order through. The guy obviously had no idea about it being a pre-order until I explained it to him. He said it'll be delivered tomorrow but I don't trust him. I'll have to give them a ring to find out more I think.

thetroublewith

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Before yours was "out for delivery" did they say delivery would be today?

Mine says delivery between 13:30 & 17:30 today, but after calling O2 and contacting them twice yesterday, they said delivery would be 25th. Called UK Mail this morning, and they too said delivery would NOT be today... As such, i came in to work and will be off tomorrow as originally planned.

About the lack of accessories...this is disappointing. I had the same issue with my Lumia 820. Was advertised as including a wireless charging cover and plate, both of which didn't materialise. Although I did noticed that my 820 confirmation order didn't specify this. When i queried this with O2 i was told it was "in the box".

When my 820 arrived, without said extras, i contacted O2 who credited me ?60 (they listed the value of the extras as ?60 online) so i could buy it separately, problem is, at the time th retail value was more like ?80, so never got it in the end.

I'd specifically asked about the Lumia 1020 extras, telling them about my previous experience, and was assured it WOULD be included with the phone. I didnt worry about it as much as my order confirmation clearly mentions the ?150 worth of accessories.

I got a text yesterday saying it would be delivered today between 11.30 and 15.30 (so they were right about that) - then checked the UK Mail parcel tracking page today and it said it was out for delivery from about half 6 this morning.

On the accessories - just called O2 and they're saying these will be sent out separately and I'll get another text the day before they're due for delivery. Pretty annoying as it means another day I need to be at home! Still, just thankful the phone arrived.

Salem874

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
I got a text yesterday saying it would be delivered today between 11.30 and 15.30 (so they were right about that) - then checked the UK Mail parcel tracking page today and it said it was out for delivery from about half 6 this morning.

Ah right...I see. I got no text from UK Mail, but yet the tracking online is showing as delivery between 13:30 & 17:30 today, so hopefully i get a text later saying delivery tomorrow.

I'm trying to get onto O2 Chat to find out/get an update, but website is saying they're all busy

On the accessories - just called O2 and they're saying these will be sent out separately and I'll get another text the day before they're due for delivery. Pretty annoying as it means another day I need to be at home! Still, just thankful the phone arrived.

Have O2 by any chance given a timeframe for the accessories? Just wondering how long we should wait. Or we could end up waiting for weeks/months for said text, and it (& Accessories) never arriving

sdc1

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
I've just called O2. The advisor I spoke to didn't seem to know what was happening and just repeated what the tracking info on UK Mail said. After a bit of toing and froing it was basically left as "we'll see what happens."

Nick_1020

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Right...I'm going to order today.

I'm gonna go for the yellow 1020 with the accessory pack. Besides Clove and Expansys, are there any other trusted, reputable online retailers that are selling the 1020 with the accessories at a price that can match or beat those stores please?

Any help will be rewarded with a thanks and a like and virtual pint :)

Bump...anyone?? :)

Salem874

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Right...on chat to O2 now and opened up asking them not to just rattle off what's on the UK Mail site, but to actually check....

Looks like it worked...they say my handset left their fullfillment centre yesterday (which makes sense, given O2 said if you pre-ordered by yesterday, you'd get it on 25th).

I've also just been told the accessories bundle would be included with the handset delivery

Nick_1020

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I guess most of us are taking it with a contract so haven't been shopping for an off contract price.

Thanks.

Don't seem to be able to put anything in my basket in Clove. Have tried 2 browsers and multiple products but no luck.

This is kinda narrowing things down to Expansys....

thetroublewith

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Have O2 by any chance given a timeframe for the accessories? Just wondering how long we should wait. Or we could end up waiting for weeks/months for said text, and it (& Accessories) never arriving

He couldn't give me a time frame, but if I don't get a dispatch email/txt tomorrow I'll be calling them again, not risking losing out on ?150 worth of kit!

phander

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Any people who ordered from O2 use topcashback or quidco? Not sure what you'd get off these now. The various deals are hurting by brain on both sites.

Salem874

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Looks like something has been dispatched from O2.

Just got an email confirming this with a new consignment number, which is coming up blank on the UK Mail website

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)