Lumia 1020 - UK Release - 12TH September

Penfolduk

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
Been following this thread with interest
Picked up my black nokia 1020 from uk mail with the accessory pack so far so good
Open up the box and have a black camera grip, yellow wireless case and white charger base go figure!
Rang O2 who say they couldn't guarantee colour due to shortages although I thought all the packs were black!!!

pezley

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
For anyone who was asking about our 1020 screen and body protectors, they are now fully tested and fit a treat. I am including the thicker and thinner material for the camera cover so people can make a choice which to use. Everyone who has ordered, they have been posted and will be with you soon

pezley

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Heres some pics ( if they show up )

Attachments

• WP_20130925_18_45_03_Pro.jpg
    WP_20130925_18_45_03_Pro.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 6
  • WP_20130925_18_45_14_Pro.jpg
    WP_20130925_18_45_14_Pro.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 8
  • WP_20130925_18_45_39_Pro.jpg
    WP_20130925_18_45_39_Pro.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 5
  • WP_20130925_18_45_53_Pro.jpg
    WP_20130925_18_45_53_Pro.jpg
    196.1 KB · Views: 6

Nick_1020

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Kinda wishing I went with Clove now...

First off, I called Expansys to ask whether my card would be charged as soon as I placed the order or when they actually have the device in stock. They told me the latter only for the payment to come out immediately.

Then I asked the guy when they'd have the yellow 1020 in and he said 8 days. It's now showing on their site as 9 days. WTF?!

I could have saved about ?10 (not a huge amount but it's already a costly phone) by going with Clove and their website say they will have the yellow 1020 from the 30th. However, when I tried to place an order on their site yesterday, it wasn't working properly.

This is the first time I have dealt with Expansys...not the best start.

Salem874

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
I must say, im loving new new toy. Love how much lighter it is than my 820!! Can hardly feel any weight. And to all the pessimists who were criticising the "hump", its hardly an issue.

One question though, doesnt the Lumia 1020 come with a wrist strap? I don't seem to have one in the phone box, just a microUSB cable, USB Adapter, and matching yellow earphones.

Rod Hull

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
I must say, im loving new new toy. Love how much lighter it is than my 820!! Can hardly feel any weight. And to all the pessimists who were criticising the "hump", its hardly an issue.

One question though, doesnt the Lumia 1020 come with a wrist strap? I don't seem to have one in the phone box, just a microUSB cable, USB Adapter, and matching yellow earphones.
The wrist strap comes with the camera grip.

martin hall

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Pics of phone above look gloss?,

Mine is Matt in finish (O2) and is going back.
It seems that O2 has no 3G or 4G in the area where I live , so I can't stay on this network.
Plus the phone just isn't a worthy upgrade from a 920. I thought the camera would clinch it but the problem is that the 920 is just to good and as nice a the 1020 is,
It just isn't a large enough leap for me to warrant moving from a 920.

Also got black accessories which look crap. (Only the camera grip is passable). I mean who is going to stick a black wireless charging cover on their phone it looks horrendous.

I think the 1520 is going to be to big to be a daily driver so I'm stuck waiting for a next gen phone that doesn't exist yet it seems. :-(

Wondering if everyone is keeping theirs or is anyone sending the phone back also?

uktivo

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
I would imagine there will be no shortage on eBay as with every new phone launch

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

thetroublewith

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site

It seems that O2 has no 3G or 4G in the area where I live , so I can't stay on this network.
Plus the phone just isn't a worthy upgrade from a 920. I thought the camera would clinch it but the problem is that the 920 is just to good and as nice a the 1020 is,

Also got black accessories which look crap. (Only the camera grip is passable). I mean who is going to stick a black wireless charging cover on their phone it looks horrendous.

I think the 1520 is going to be to big to be a daily driver so I'm stuck waiting for a next gen phone that doesn't exist yet it seems. :-(

Wondering if everyone is keeping theirs or is anyone sending the phone back also?

Did you check the coverage online before buying?

Definitely not returning mine, the camera is superb and won't be bested anytime soon I'd imagine.

If you're more interested in an overall specs upgrade, you should definitely hold off for the 1520 - or whatever else they announce at this October event. :)

almondslice

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Kinda wishing I went with Clove now...

First off, I called Expansys to ask whether my card would be charged as soon as I placed the order or when they actually have the device in stock. They told me the latter only for the payment to come out immediately.

Then I asked the guy when they'd have the yellow 1020 in and he said 8 days. It's now showing on their site as 9 days. WTF?!

I could have saved about ?10 (not a huge amount but it's already a costly phone) by going with Clove and their website say they will have the yellow 1020 from the 30th. However, when I tried to place an order on their site yesterday, it wasn't working properly.

This is the first time I have dealt with Expansys...not the best start.

Expansys customer service is a joke. Happy to take your money but after that they don't care. 5 weeks it took me to get a refund on a phone, and that was only achieved by involving my credit card company.
The web is littered with poor reviews. My advice is be patient and I'm sure you'll get the phone, just don't ask for a refund lol.

CarteBlanche

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Picked up my black nokia 1020 from uk mail with the accessory pack so far so good
Open up the box and have a black camera grip, yellow wireless case and white charger base go figure!
Rang O2 who say they couldn't guarantee colour due to shortages although I thought all the packs were black!!!

When did you pre-order?

martin hall

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Did you check the coverage online before buying?

Definitely not returning mine, the camera is superb and won't be bested anytime soon I'd imagine.

If you're more interested in an overall specs upgrade, you should definitely hold off for the 1520 - or whatever else they announce at this October event. :)

Yes , their sites states 3G coverage but it just doesn't exist where I am (indoors or out)

As for waiting yes I think I will, I'm not in a major rush. I went for the 1020 as a I have a few holidays planned and I travel with work about once a month so thought it would be nice to get some quality pics , but the 920 will suffice and is more than up to the job.

Nick_1020

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Expansys customer service is a joke. Happy to take your money but after that they don't care. 5 weeks it took me to get a refund on a phone, and that was only achieved by involving my credit card company.
The web is littered with poor reviews. My advice is be patient and I'm sure you'll get the phone, just don't ask for a refund lol.

Thanks. I did check out some reviews and there were plenty of positive ones too. It was the same for Clove...some terrible ones mixed in with the good ones but as I mentioned in my previous post, a technical error on the Clove website prevented me from ordering with them.

Most people with any reasonable amount of patience would have just waited but not me :)

Anyway, just checked the t&c's for Expansys and it mentions a pre-authorization of funds which is most likely what has happened. I've sent them an email to query it and will give them a call tomorrow to double check.

pezley

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Visit site

the glossy pics are because its got our ScreenShield front and back shields on it :)

bat400

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Heads-up:
  • The O2 64GB comes with 4G set as the highest network speed so if you're not in a 4G area you may wish to switch it to 3G to save it searching for a 4G network. Nice to know it's enabled for when I stick the PAYG Three SIM in when I'm in a 4G area. Has anyone checked if the O2 version is locked to O2 yet?
Al

Penfolduk

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
Preordered 16th sept

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss