Lumia 1020 - UK Release - 12TH September

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Well I picked my 1020 and accessories up from ukmail depot last night - Not used it yet but I do love the look and feel of the 1020 - Just got to hope that when I go into my local O2 store tomorrow and run through the catalogue of **** ups I have been through they let me keep it.

glorfybe

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
I made the mistake of pre-ordering with Orange. This makes me a mug. I should have known!

Terrible customer service, misinformation. Tell me it's out of stock but continue to sell it on their website. Unable to tell me when I will get one. Never again - which now goes for EE and T-Mobile seeing as they are one big happy company. I thought the terrible CS was meant to happen after you had received the phone and they had tied you in for 2 years!

Techanoid

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Ya, can't believe they shipped all their stock out before emailing us with the bad news. Worse still is that the email said "If however you are happy to take the accessories in the colours above then you can email us and we will ship the current bundle to you immediately (we are unable to select other colours)" but when I replied to them, within minutes, asking for the in-stock colors to be dispatched I was told they couldn't as they had shipped the accessories back to Nokia already. Sounds like a bunch of BS to me.

Something certainly sounds wrong there.
I wish companies would just be upfront over things, cut out the BS. At least that way I could have ordered some accessories elsewhere, that had stock

MrZippo

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Mine just arrived minus the free wireless speaker and accessory pack, I just been off the phone to P4U and they say they will be delivered within 28 days!!

alpha beta gaga

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
i pre-ordered my 1020 yellow from clove which should ship next week. i'm going to phone them monday i think find out what exactly is going on with the accs pack

Techanoid

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
After walking around Bluewater, going to all the phone shops ( 2 xo2, 2 x Carphonewarehouse , 1 P4U, 2 x EE, 1 X 3), none of them have the wireless charging covers or camera attachment, all saying they usually come out about 2 weeks after the phone. I suppose I needed the exercise. 😀

Nick_1020

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Just had a thought regarding setting up my 1020 when I get it.

After going through the initial setup and entering my Live ID, will my contacts, messages, calendar, app list be automatically synced even though they will be on my 920 at the same time too or do I have to manually install all my apps?

Last edited:

JoJoUK

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Just had a thought regarding setting up my 1020 when I get it.

After going through the initial setup and entering my Live ID, will my contacts, messages, calendar, app list be automatically synced even though they will be on my 920 at the same time too or do I have to manually install all my apps?
I used the backup of my 925 and it worked no problems except for the MS a/c through up error 86000C09, I just change the download email option to the past 7 days and everything restored OK.

Got my 1020 on Wednesday 25th, I had preordered with P4U, no accessory pack (they told me last night it could take 28 days), so much for getting sent out at the same time! On another note I had to return the handset as it was faulty (when turned on the screen wouldnt wake up for 15 - 20 mins but calls / text / etc would still come through). Called P4U who gave me a code and just walked into a store yesterday, so far no issues with this one!

foramen

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Doesn't the 64gb lumia 1020 apply frequencies 900MHz,1800MHz,2100MHz for LTE network?
And you have no plan to release the device that applies 900MHz,1800MHz,2100MHz for LTE network?

Last edited:

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Anyone having trouble with the wireless charging cover and pad. Seems mine has only a tiny spot where it will even activate the pad and even then i only get a flashing light.

Sent from my RM-875_eu_euro1_212 using Tapatalk

slysy

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Anyone having trouble with the wireless charging cover and pad. Seems mine has only a tiny spot where it will even activate the pad and even then i only get a flashing light.

Sent from my RM-875_eu_euro1_212 using Tapatalk

I've seen a few complaints about the wireless charging on this forum and also in reviews on Amazon (US)

tweedie

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I can confirm that cancelling the o2 refresh airtime then pay for the phone plan indeed works. A little hassle as I had to goto the shop and won't do it over the phone.

but worth it for a 64gb model!

tweedie

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Isn't it ?600 to settle?

?329.99 one off, ?17month airtime+?10 month phone plan on 2 year contract. Cancelled the airtime within 7 days, and paid 24*?10 to settle phone plan came to ?569.99.
Quidco tracked it at ?50 - whether it will pay that I am not sure yet - but would be a bonus if it did and bring it down to ?520!

Not bad for a little hassle when you consider a sim free 32gb roughly the same price elsewhere. Worth it now that my phone "only" got 50gb after taken a few photos (<10) and installed a few apps!

buxz777

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
just got my unlock code from o2 for those interested it took about 3/4 days max and worked a treat ;-) 64gb unlocked 1020 woooohoooo :)

Nick_1020

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
?329.99 one off, ?17month airtime+?10 month phone plan on 2 year contract. Cancelled the airtime within 7 days, and paid 24*?10 to settle phone plan came to ?569.99.
Quidco tracked it at ?50 - whether it will pay that I am not sure yet - but would be a bonus if it did and bring it down to ?520!

Not bad for a little hassle when you consider a sim free 32gb roughly the same price elsewhere. Worth it now that my phone "only" got 50gb after taken a few photos (<10) and installed a few apps!

I was thinking about going with O2 to get my hands on the 64GB model. My plan was to purchase the 1020 outright for ?639 then choose the cheapest airtime plan possible which is ?12/month. Then cancel the airtime contract, get the phone unlocked and continue to use it on my existing network but I was under the impression that it would cost another ?288 to cancel the airtime plan so I couldn't justify the total expense. Would've been happy to pay just ?639 for the 64GB 1020 though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte