Front Facing Camera on 1020 - Frozen, Black screen. What to do?

fimtom

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
My 1020's FFC has been working fine until yesterday when I tried to use the FFC and it just showed a black screen and you couldn't press any buttons on the screen, I just had to go back to the home screen to do anything else. The regular camera is working fine. Proximity sensor seems to working fine as well. I have done a soft reset with no luck, about to do a hard reset but would like some suggestions from the community before doing so... It's not a huge deal but I do like my phone to be working at 100%!

Thanks!

Marion Chisholm

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
I have had a lot of trouble with this phone i purchased in April. The most recent problem was a bit different to yours but the camera wouldn't stay on long enough to use it. I contacted the people who sold it to me, they advised i turn the phone off for a few minutes, and then turn back on. That takes so long i wouldn't have wanted to have a once in a lifetime photo waiting to be taken. It is worth a try as it worked for me and this is what i always do when the computer plays up.

dexterbot

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem with mine after I accidentally spilled a lot of water over it. :-(

The FFC does not work and it shows a black screen and it is locked up or frozen. I have to hit the home button to get out. Also, the Xenon flash and the LED light no longer works! Truly terrible luck. Everything else seems fine. I took it to a local repair shop and they had little experience with the phone so they just took it apart and ran it through an ultrasonic bath.

I downloaded a different h/w diagnostic tools and other benchmark tools to test my phone thoroughly and everything else seems to work fine.

I too would like to know if anyone had any experience with this issue.

Rivisio

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
you can try putting your phone face down on a flat surface and pushing on the camera lense till you hear the camera snap back onto the board. this temporary fixed my camera on my 920 for a few days, after that I just sent it back for a replacement.

Just be careful not to break the lense or push too hard, I pushed on it about 10 times before I found the right firmness to push as i was pretty scared to break it.

p.nonnekens

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
My 1020's FFC has been working fine until yesterday when I tried to use the FFC and it just showed a black screen and you couldn't press any buttons on the screen, I just had to go back to the home screen to do anything else. The regular camera is working fine. Proximity sensor seems to working fine as well. I have done a soft reset with no luck, about to do a hard reset but would like some suggestions from the community before doing so... It's not a huge deal but I do like my phone to be working at 100%!

Thanks!

​Have you ever fixed this, because I'm having this exact problem. Not that I use the FFC that much, but I'd still like to have a fully functioning device...

alejcisneros

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
I had the same problem on my lumia 920, everytime I tried to use my FFC, the screen turned Black and send me to the main screen, I did a soft reset, hard reset and nothing worked. You should ask for a replacement if that bothers you. That wasnt a huge problem for me but for my friends who wanted to take pictures with my Phone. Lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss