LOW Ear Piece Volume AGH................

fsufan1200#CB

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Is there any possibility that Nokia will send out an update to address the LOW ear piece volume level. I know there has been topic's about this issue, but it's almost a deal breaker for me with my 1020. I work in a pretty noisy environment, and I can hardly hear people while talking on the phone. I have the volume level set at 10, the highest level on the device, and still find it difficult to hear people clearly throughout the day!

I've compared the volume level to my iPhone5, Galaxy S4, Blackberry Z10, HTC One, and all these device BLOW the Nokia Lumia 1020 away with ear pierce volume!

I truly love the device, and the huge advancements windows has made with their mobile software, but lets up the volume PLEASE :)

bikertomk

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm with you on this. I wish Nokia would send out a volume tweak ASAP. I've started using the speakerphone because I can barely hear people.

Salem874

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
This is deffinitely an issue on Nokia Lumia phones (I've had this issue on my Lumia 800 & Lumia 820).

my bluetooth earpieces are pretty useless as a result.

Nokia/Microsoft really need to send an update to resolve this.

wamsille

Banned
Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Call volume on the handset goes from 0/10 to 10/10.

0/10 - which you would suspect as being muted, is just low.

1/10 - 3/10 - slightly higher, although in a noisy environment you might end up asking callers to repeat themselves.

4/10 and above - I adjust depending on the situation. I have used 10/10 when my wife is hard to hear on the phone, but oddly enough that was due to issues with her phone. On the flip side, MY phone was always working just phone. Call quality, clarity and audio levels have generally been just fine.

If I have the volume low on bluetooth and I try to talk on the phone in my Cruze (w/ BT) it could be hard to hear. I usually have it between 7/10 and 10/10. Usually 7 or 8 is enough in the car, and 5 or 6 is fine for being on the phone myself.

Fahad Aziz Khan

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
I have been using NL920 previously.
Call volume is very low in 1020.
strange part is, when i do skype call , call vloume is great but on regular GSM Calls, call volume is far lower.
even my 2 years old Galaxy Note sound much better then Lumia 1020

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
I have been googling for over a month about the problem with the low volume on lumia 1020. The thing is that microsoft/nokia are not informing all the buyers what to do. No promises, no comments. I personally will pass with my earphones until I mistakenly flush my 600 euros in the toilet.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs