Microsoft Store Insurance Policy?

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
My sister wants the Lumia 1020 and is getting it from the Microsoft store. Question, how does the insurance work? If you shatter the screen, how much do they charge to fix the screen, or if they don't do that, replace it? Apple is like $30 for screen, $50 new phone, so I hope Microsoft is cheap like that too. Please let me know. Thanks.

tbonecopper

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Directly from the Microsoft Store, as in you walk in and buy - it's 99.00 for 2 years, and it'st 50 bucks deductible. They just give you a new phone. Customer is allowed two (2) claims within the two-year warranty period; each claim is subject to a $50 deductible.

MICROSOFT ASSURE: WINDOWS PHONE

Microsoft Assure for Windows Phone covers your new phone against defects and failures.

Service includes:

Lengthening the warranty period of your new Windows Phone to two years
Extending toll-free technical support for your phone through 1-877-MY-MS-STORE (1-877-696-7786)
Ask an in-store associate for more details*

*Microsoft Assure for Windows Phone must be purchased within 45 days of phone purchase. This service includes the Smart Phone described in the enclosed Microsoft Assure Protection Plan.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Directly from the Microsoft Store, as in you walk in and buy - it's 99.00 for 2 years, and it'st 50 bucks deductible. They just give you a new phone. Customer is allowed two (2) claims within the two-year warranty period; each claim is subject to a $50 deductible.

MICROSOFT ASSURE: WINDOWS PHONE

Microsoft Assure for Windows Phone covers your new phone against defects and failures.

Service includes:

Lengthening the warranty period of your new Windows Phone to two years
Extending toll-free technical support for your phone through 1-877-MY-MS-STORE (1-877-696-7786)
Ask an in-store associate for more details*

*Microsoft Assure for Windows Phone must be purchased within 45 days of phone purchase. This service includes the Smart Phone described in the enclosed Microsoft Assure Protection Plan.

For some reason, the website has a different insurance provided by another company.

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
I can speak from personal experience actually. Well, when I was buying my Lumia 1020, just a matter of days after it came out, the Microsoft Store rep. who was selling us the the device told us about the insurance. $100 for an extended 2yr warranty, and accidental damage coverage? Sold!

Glad we bought it, because just a month later, I managed to drop it in the parking lot (I was foolishly not using the camera strap, and I had taken off the camera grip just moments prior. Lesson learned), and the screen shattered. After I got back from vacation (thank goodness the camera was fine!), went to my local Microsoft Store. I showed them the phone, explained I bought coverage, and they asked for the email I used when buying it. They looked everything up, and within minutes, they were taking the new 1020 out of the box and swapping the SIM cards.

It was an interesting experience, the guy who originally sold me the device was just getting off his shift, so he walked over and exclaimed his appreciation of me getting the insurance, as it came in handy. The other Store reps were also a bit satisfied that I knew what I was doing (I.E: backing up my device, wiping the data off it, restoring from backup, etc.). It made an experience as rotten sounding as getting your shattered phone fixed, actually not so bad. Oh dear me, sorry for going on a tangent there...

Basically, in essence, the insurance costs $100. You get a 2yr extended warranty, as well as accidental damage coverage. Should you break your device, you can walk into your local Microsoft Store, and they will look up whatever email you used to make the purchase. You get charged a $50 deductible, and they swap the phone on the spot, no questions asked. They said they believe you're limited to two accidental breakages, before you have to start paying full price to get your device fixed. You don't get to keep your broken device, they take it, wipe the data, and send you on your way with a new one. Also, you only get a new version of what you take in. I.E: if you only take in the broken phone, they'll only swap the phone, and you don't get a new USB charger or anything of that nature.

The insurance is actually really fair, if you ask me. Saved my ****, that's for sure, and definitely a lot cheaper than paying $700 for a new phone. I'd highly recommend getting it, it's fair, easy to claim, and a good deal, really. You'd have to be an ***** to pass this up.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Now I know the insurance online is different (more expensive and worse) than the one in store. So my sister will buy it from the local store or call the store and they ship it. I hope they still offer the free camera grip next month, as that is when she will probably get it. Thanks.

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Now I know the insurance online is different (more expensive and worse) than the one in store. So my sister will buy it from the local store or call the store and they ship it. I hope they still offer the free camera grip next month, as that is when she will probably get it. Thanks.

I've heard that, quality can vary. However, I know the two Microsoft Stores I've been to have been fantastic. I'd highly recommend purchasing from there. I just hope, for your sake, it's not too far of a drove. I've heard of many who have to drive 1:30+ just to get to their nearest store.

Good luck!

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I've heard that, quality can vary. However, I know the two Microsoft Stores I've been to have been fantastic. I'd highly recommend purchasing from there. I just hope, for your sake, it's not too far of a drove. I've heard of many who have to drive 1:30+ just to get to their nearest store.

Good luck!

Sadly, my nearest store is 2:30 hours away, bur my sister is 30 minutes away from it. They said I can call them and they can ship it, instead of ordering it on the online store. This way, I get the same insurance policy as the store offers.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I can verify this experience as it matches my own with a shattered 928 screen. I walked into the store, handed them a busted 928 and $50, and they handed me a new phone. Simple as that. Well, ok, they still had to do the "paperwork" in the computer, but yeah, it's basically that simple. The MS insurance is a good deal, IMO.

I can speak from personal experience actually. Well, when I was buying my Lumia 1020, just a matter of days after it came out, the Microsoft Store rep. who was selling us the the device told us about the insurance. $100 for an extended 2yr warranty, and accidental damage coverage? Sold!

Glad we bought it, because just a month later, I managed to drop it in the parking lot (I was foolishly not using the camera strap, and I had taken off the camera grip just moments prior. Lesson learned), and the screen shattered. After I got back from vacation (thank goodness the camera was fine!), went to my local Microsoft Store. I showed them the phone, explained I bought coverage, and they asked for the email I used when buying it. They looked everything up, and within minutes, they were taking the new 1020 out of the box and swapping the SIM cards.

It was an interesting experience, the guy who originally sold me the device was just getting off his shift, so he walked over and exclaimed his appreciation of me getting the insurance, as it came in handy. The other Store reps were also a bit satisfied that I knew what I was doing (I.E: backing up my device, wiping the data off it, restoring from backup, etc.). It made an experience as rotten sounding as getting your shattered phone fixed, actually not so bad. Oh dear me, sorry for going on a tangent there...

Basically, in essence, the insurance costs $100. You get a 2yr extended warranty, as well as accidental damage coverage. Should you break your device, you can walk into your local Microsoft Store, and they will look up whatever email you used to make the purchase. You get charged a $50 deductible, and they swap the phone on the spot, no questions asked. They said they believe you're limited to two accidental breakages, before you have to start paying full price to get your device fixed. You don't get to keep your broken device, they take it, wipe the data, and send you on your way with a new one. Also, you only get a new version of what you take in. I.E: if you only take in the broken phone, they'll only swap the phone, and you don't get a new USB charger or anything of that nature.

The insurance is actually really fair, if you ask me. Saved my ****, that's for sure, and definitely a lot cheaper than paying $700 for a new phone. I'd highly recommend getting it, it's fair, easy to claim, and a good deal, really. You'd have to be an ***** to pass this up.

Verkunder

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I was told when I got my 1020 that should I break the device within that two year period and the 1020 is no longer available, they'll bump me up to a newer device of my choosing.

whatup12

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Dear all--super thankful for this thread. just cracked my new 1020...and had bought the ADH! So good to know that this is covered! Phew.

johndmelvinii

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
The closest MS store to me is about 5 hours lol I drive a diesel Jetta and get stupid gas mileage, so I'm going to drive it next weekend to buy the insurance. I talked to an in store MS rep a bit ago... Very friendly fellow, but he said there is no way you can buy the good MS insurance ($100 for two years with two replacements at $49 apiece) unless you go in store. Oh well...it is what it is!

Demonchld

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Microsoft complete. yes they give you a brand new phone not a refurb one like Apple its worth it.

MS serviceis so good I had a issue with my Lumia they gave me a brand new one in the box and let me keep the old charger

xconomicron

Sep 20, 2007
Visit site
Anyone get a bump up to a newer device with this? Lol. I had to ask. I love my 1020, but the 1520 looks mighty fine.

I have this Microsoft Assure plan as well. Got it when I bought my 1020.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium