How Is Your Yellow/White 1020 Holding Up?

BU2B

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I am curious to know for those without cases or who use the yellow wireless charging shell, how's it holding up in terms of visibility of scratches? I have a yellow 1020 and I have noticed there's a pinhole mark on my phone that's only noticeable because there's dirt in there and I can't clean it out.

It's only noticeable upon close inspection, but I'm just hoping it doesn't get worse.

thetroublewith

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I'd like to know this as well - I went to a Nokia event in London last night for the 1020 and the yellow looked REALLY nice in person (I originally wasn't keen on it from the pictures I had seen before).

I think the only thing that's putting me off it is how likely it is to discolour/get dirty - has this been an issue for anyone?

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Also found out that you can use microfibre cloth, also don't use rubbing alcohol on the screen, it'll paralyze it over time.

JustlMe

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
Been using my Yellow L1020 since early aug, with no usage of casings and covers , my yellow is still vibrant as ever, dont see any blemishes or dirt marks "yet". so hoping it stays that way !
I would say i handle my phone a lot, if not its either in my pocket or on the table

antiochian2010

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Pockets are evil; keep mine in a holster that fits both my phone and the attached AGF case.

Only take it out of the AGF to use with my Adura car holder; so yeah, this is looking as new as when I bought it.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Pockets are evil; keep mine in a holster that fits both my phone and the attached AGF case.

Only take it out of the AGF to use with my Adura car holder; so yeah, this is looking as new as when I bought it.

Not really, if you don't share your pocket, the device should do good :)
I like your avatar btw.

cubanaso

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
My yellow L1020 has two tiny black specks of what must be dirt. There has been no way of cleaning it. I tried rubbing alcohol, soap, water, closing my eyes and pretending its not there, none of that has worked. Word of advice, do not use an eraser, as some people have recommended. I used an eraser on the first mark I noticed and it rubbed off the matte coating leaving a slightly glossy spot (luckily you can only notice it at an angle). Overall, if it gets dirty try your best to wipe it gently clean. If it stains, just live with it. Enjoy! Its a beautiful phone.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
My yellow L1020 has two tiny black specks of what must be dirt. There has been no way of cleaning it. I tried rubbing alcohol, soap, water, closing my eyes and pretending its not there, none of that has worked. Word of advice, do not use an eraser, as some people have recommended. I used an eraser on the first mark I noticed and it rubbed off the matte coating leaving a slightly glossy spot (luckily you can only notice it at an angle). Overall, if it gets dirty try your best to wipe it gently clean. If it stains, just live with it. Enjoy! Its a beautiful phone.

That is sick.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I know. I combat my ocd by convincing myself that these marks make my phone unique, lol. I guess when I leave my phone on a table at a busy Starbucks I will be able to pick mine out of the dozens of Lumia 1020's ;)

Proof that Lumia is selling like hot cakes.

You could install some kind of skin or armor?
I really hate to see my phone getting dirty, no wonder I picked up a glossy 720 :)

cubanaso

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Proof that Lumia is selling like hot cakes.

You could install some kind of skin or armor?
I really hate to see my phone getting dirty, no wonder I picked up a glossy 720 :)

lol, I was being a tad sarcastic with the Starbucks comment, sorry. I hope its selling like hotcakes but I haven't seen any in the wild yet. I am surely seeing a lot of 520's! But either way the matte feels great and iam sure it will hold up just fine to do to day use.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
^I was on ebay 1 day and a guy was selling Motorola E1 (A beautiful phone btw), and he said the phone has a bit of dirt but I'll clean it to the best for the buyer.

The phone sold for $1.85, I feel poor for the seller, he has to scrub the phone for 2 bucks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12