Does the camera grip cover the microphones?

Sebsweden

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Just to make sure....does the grip interfere with the microphones when you're shooting videos? Just want to make sure before I order one.

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I have the 1020 and a camera grip but I do not know where one of the microphones is located on the phone. I can tell you that there is one right at the top of the phone and this one isn't obstructed in any way by the camera grip. I can only assume then that the other microphone is the one that is used when making a call and its location would be somewhere on the bottom of the phone but honestly, I cannot for the life of me see exactly where it is.

Anyway, with the camera grip attached you can see a small gap between the bottom of the screen and the grip so as not to impede audio output. And I would imagine, audio recording too. I would go right ahead and buy yourself the camera grip because it is a great accessory to own and use with the 1020. You've also got the added bonus of an extra battery boost if you need it thanks to the inbuilt 1020 mAh battery in the grip.

Sebsweden

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
The grip is most def on my to-buy-list, so I guess I will find out in time. Has noone shot video with the cam-grip? If it ruins the sound it should be pretty obvious...

antiochian2010

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone tell where the microphones are??

I see one on the bottom adjacent to the SIM door; and suspect another is behind the speaker grille, and then maybe another by the ear speaker at the top of the phone?

A search on Google and the OEM Manual for the phone has failed to reveal anything.

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Can anyone tell where the microphones are??

I see one on the bottom adjacent to the SIM door; and suspect another is behind the speaker grille, and then maybe another by the ear speaker at the top of the phone?

A search on Google and the OEM Manual for the phone has failed to reveal anything.

According to the technical specifications on the Nokia site the 1020 has two microphones. As I said, one is easily located at the top of the phone to the right of the 3.5 mm audio socket. But the other one isn't so obvious to locate.

I would have thought that Nokia would have taken the location of the microphones into consideration when they designed the phone and the camera grip.

I have recorded video with the camera grip attached but didn't notice any degradation in audio quality.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babukapyar