06-09-2014 12:24 PM
31 12
tools
    Here's what I do, I like using the Nokia app but sometimes I want the fast shot to shot time so here's my set up:

-Nokia camera pinned to homepage for shots I can take the time with (5 MP + 34 MP)
    -Nokia camera BETA assigned to shutter button for fast shots (5 MP only)

It works because they're both considered separate apps so their settings are exclusive of one another. If I need extremely fast speed, I use my iphone 5 and shoot away like a mad man. ;)
    LOL. You're right there. I use my 1020 if I want the best shot and time is on my side but I will use my Galaxy S3 for fast picture taking at the expense of quality. To be fair to the Samsung though, the quality of the pictures ain't that bad and are quite good if I'm honest. They obviously don't even come close to the 1020 for quality and detail but are still respectably decent.
    01-17-2014 05:35 PM
    After playing around with the iPhone 5s and comparing it to my Nokia 925, it does seem like the 5s is faster in shutter time at start up and in between shots. The reason is that Nokia camera only starts focusing after pressing the button. The iPhone is already pre-focused so the shutter activates almost instantly at the press of the button.

iPhone uses an accelerometer based pre-focusing which continuously focuses when the camera is activated. It stops focus hunting when there is no movement of the camera. Thus, in between shots are taken instantly provided the camera isn't moved.

Nokia will always pre-focus after the shutter button is pressed, which causes lag.
    05-08-2014 01:26 AM
    shot to shot lag seems to be better using Microsoft camera on WP 8.1
    05-16-2014 10:11 AM
    After playing around with the iPhone 5s and comparing it to my Nokia 925, it does seem like the 5s is faster in shutter time at start up and in between shots. The reason is that Nokia camera only starts focusing after pressing the button. The iPhone is already pre-focused so the shutter activates almost instantly at the press of the button.

iPhone uses an accelerometer based pre-focusing which continuously focuses when the camera is activated. It stops focus hunting when there is no movement of the camera. Thus, in between shots are taken instantly provided the camera isn't moved.

Nokia will always pre-focus after the shutter button is pressed, which causes lag.
    The 1020 also has a mechanical shutter. That is the reason for the slow shutter lag compared to the 5s or other smartphones that have no shutter. That's a hardware limit of the device. The SOC is what limits the shot to shot speed because we have a weak chip that struggles to render and compress images.

Posted via the WPC App for Android!
    05-23-2014 07:55 AM
    Hi there,

Does the shot-to-shot time improved with 8.1?
    06-05-2014 12:10 AM
    One thing I noticed that helps is turning off the "focus assist light". This can be found in the camera settings. My shutter lag is much better after turning that off.
    06-09-2014 12:24 PM
31 12