Robert Scoble, an iPhone fan also shows off better 1020 photos tna the brand new iPhone 5s.

RichHowerton

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
There is no comparison between the Lumia's camera and any other phone. Its better than any point and shoot I have ever used. Now all WP8 has to do is polish up its ecosystem and we will have a true winner. Until the day comes that I can download a movie onto my WP8, I will give the win to apple.

What is stopping you from being able to download a movie to your wp8 device?

Nick_1020

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I don't think you understand the point of those 41mp. They are there to catch more detail. You get lossless zoom. I've played with the 1020 compared to my 920, and its amazing the much better quality you get even zooming in.

Its not overkill, its a tool used to get specific results. If it just produced 41mp photos with no other benefit, than yes it would just be overkill. But they did so much more than that with the camera.

Bingo.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Wow, he really hates Windows Phone, doesn't he. And his Flickr comparison shots show the 1020 winning easily, even though he seems to think otherwise.

Its like seeing a cat in front of you, and then closing your eyes and saying "There is no cat"
Something like this
i-have-closed-my-eyesand-now-there-is-no-cat_20120508003755.jpg

Sayyid Shoaib

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
being fans of a certain OS is good but I don't like fanatics ( I mean people who literally worship their phones no matter what the world says)

the point of this exercise is to show that 1020 is being appreciated for it's camera capabilities from the Apple side (even though indirectly)

I am a open minded person, no phone is perfect but respect is due where it is due. I was a android user for 3 years but wanted a refresh and better camera (have a 11 month kid who i'm building a album of) so opted for WP8 with the Lumia 920 (got a good deal on contract). I have a keen interest in iOS but the price of the Iphones don't justify their purchase for me.

sorry to go a bit off topic but there is nothing wrong in comparing two phones and being loyal to one when the other beats it by a mile. Someone might take the 1020 being better then the iphone 5s personal but just look at what is being tested (the camera). It's not rocket science to figure it out. If we had a DSLR camera with same specs as 1020 up against iphone 5s no one would argue (the brand loyalty is killing us all).

yes and I totally agree that hatred can make someone so blind we forget that even the other side/thing exists or not lol.

case rested.

p.s i'm still intrigued of how well 1020 can carry on performing against the likes of Sony Xperia Z1 in a proper shootout (GSMArena im waiting) and how long will this remain king of the hill.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Plenty of those 1020 shots I would not have used the flash and let low light technology handle it. 90 percent of the pictures I took at a recent wedding I attended I used no flash with my L920. They looked great.

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
The Problem is already got some WhatsApps and Mails from People who use iPhone who are now telling me that the Lumia 1020 Camera Stucks and no one can Touch Apple in any Case.

Ok they most of them are Fanboys but some Sites also Picking up the Story and thats maybe really Hurts Selling of the 1020 cause it is also not a real Cheap Phone and why Pick a 1020 if not for the Camera?

Sad to see how some People hype "There OS" over others. I Love WP but also use Android, iOS and BB Devices. All of them have Strongs and Weaks and normally you should be able to Respect that and say: "OK in that Point my OS/Phone is really not as good as others"

In the Case of WP there are Definity Points like:
- Slow Updates, Cause of that long time to get New Hardware (Quad Core)
- Missing Features every Other Smartphone has since Years (Rotation Lock, Week View in Calendar...)
- Sandboxed System (Much less Possibillities to Customize that on Android and cause of less API's also less than iOS)
- App Store is not as Big or Good as Android/iOS

But it has also Points where WP Smokes Competition:
- Live Tiles
- Runs Good and Smooth even on Not High End Hardware
- Every WP is nerly the same as the Other (Android is very Different if you use Samsung or HTC or LG)
- Offline Navigation for Free (Here Drive)

And that said WP has also (Thanks to Nokia) some of the Best Camera Phones on the Marcet (920/925/928/1020) and others should Accept that.

anony_mouse

Banned
Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
This Scoble guy just comes across like a giant vag1na. Apologies to any other vaginas out there...just calling it as I see it.

Not only is he a giant vag1na, he is also a giant blind vag1na.

Vag1na!

[/vag1na-mode]

Are you using the term "vag1na" as an insult? Quite a revealing choice of words.

nm7s9

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
My 2 cents.....

1020 wins --- simply that for on the move, quick snaps, post zoom is 1 million times better than pre zoom. For professional photography (of course) no smart phone cuts the mustard.
(even though the 1020 may get close!!!)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel