Moshi iVisor AG Screen Protector

pezley

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Are they easy to line up like the dry ones? So I guess waiting 5 mins after a hot shower is the best way to apply one as the steam minimises the dust particles in the air. Also what do you use to get the protector adhesive wet? Use a soft sponge?
What's the protection like compared to a dry one like say Zagg or Martin fields or Steinheil as I have only used those before.

They are probably the easiest protectors to line up actually. The liquid solution will allow you to slide the protector where you want it, you then gently start squeezing the liquid out until the protector is in place and not budging any more and keep going until it's all been squeezed out. It might be worth watching one of Zagg/Gadgetshield's install guides, they use the same process. I'm always here for questions though.

I use a small spray bottle filled with water mixed with a couple of drops of hand soap ( currently strawberry laces flavour scented soap ! ) you can just make a bowl of solution up and dip the protector in it, i do find you end up with a lot of excess liquid on the protector this way though.

darthhen

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Hi pezley,

The rear camera gets hot after a short use, do you think the protector would peel off or discolor over time?

Thanks.

pezley

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Hey, good question actually !

We have been toying with the thinner material for a few months now and havent seen any discolouration. I have fitted it to a friend of mine's 920 and they have a weird issue where the body gets very very warm, they have been too lazy to send it back to nokia yet though. So far it's holding up as it should. The material is also an out door use film so I can't see temperature causing it to peel.

that said, we are only a few months in, if people find there's does hit any issues like this I would be happy to send out replacements.

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
The heating shouldn't be an issue unless we're talking heat enough to deep fry chicken but seriously it's ok. The discoloration would be dependent on the type of material the skin maker chooses. I've seen zagg ones get yellowish over time.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

pezley

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi Shaddop,

Ebay would be best, the feedback is important to us so as many as we can get through there the better :)

Airmail for a letter is about ?1.20 to america

darthhen

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Hey, good question actually !

We have been toying with the thinner material for a few months now and havent seen any discolouration. I have fitted it to a friend of mine's 920 and they have a weird issue where the body gets very very warm, they have been too lazy to send it back to nokia yet though. So far it's holding up as it should. The material is also an out door use film so I can't see temperature causing it to peel.

that said, we are only a few months in, if people find there's does hit any issues like this I would be happy to send out replacements.

Thanks.

I just committed to buy on eBay. Please let me know how the final price with shipping through eBay. I live in San Jose, CA, USA.

pezley

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Will get that sorted for you. Heres also some pics of my 1020 fully skinned

Attachments

• WP_20130925_18_45_03_Pro.jpg
    WP_20130925_18_45_03_Pro.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 8
  • WP_20130925_18_45_14_Pro.jpg
    WP_20130925_18_45_14_Pro.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 11
  • WP_20130925_18_45_39_Pro.jpg
    WP_20130925_18_45_39_Pro.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 8
  • WP_20130925_18_45_53_Pro.jpg
    WP_20130925_18_45_53_Pro.jpg
    196.1 KB · Views: 11

pezley

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi Darthen,

If you have paid then it has been sent so should be with you really soon ! Hoping tomorrow to have an instructional guide finished for the full install.

Dannay

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Not seen an order come through yet but i'll keep an eye out :)

If you have any questions on fitting, give me a shout

This looks interesting but it looks well hard to do :/ I also don't have a spray bottle, can u get really bad air bubbles In these? I'm not very good at dry screen protectors so I guess these are harder to put on?

pezley

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
This looks interesting but it looks well hard to do :/ I also don't have a spray bottle, can u get really bad air bubbles In these? I'm not very good at dry screen protectors so I guess these are harder to put on?

Bubbles shouldnt really happen ( in theory ! ) , the idea of a wet apply is all the liquid and bubbles are pushed out before it dries.

As for spray bottle, you can buy the cheapest cleaning spray and empty it, would be a waste but atleast you will have a spray bottle. Just make sure to clean it out first !

tweedie

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
That looks fab.

Do you have a camera grip and/or wireless charger cover to try out with this shield? Interest to see if it would fit or would it end up peeling the cover off.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb