Moshi iVisor AG Screen Protector

darthhen

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Hi Darthen,

If you have paid then it has been sent so should be with you really soon ! Hoping tomorrow to have an instructional guide finished for the full install.

pezley, an instruction guide would be helpful. Please send us the link when you completed it. Thanks.

MrZippo

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Hey Pezley I am going to have to buy another one because I botched up installing the back one! doh!!!
How much is it for just a back protector? Also I have sent you a pm Cheers

pezley

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Hey Pezley I am going to have to buy another one because I botched up installing the back one! doh!!!
How much is it for just a back protector? Also I have sent you a pm Cheers

oh dear! Anything with the design that made it difficult to fit or just a mistake ? If its something we can improve upon then we will. Pm me your address and ill send one out today for you.

Sent from my 1020 using Tapatalk

redeyss

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
How do you account for the tapered top and bottom of the 1020 when applying rear film? I tried a wet install with another brand and rear film was cut rectangular so I ended up with a bad fit top and bottom, promptly removed and threw away.

MrZippo

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Pm sent mate, did you get my other ones as you haven't replied to them yet, cheers.

oh dear! Anything with the design that made it difficult to fit or just a mistake ? If its something we can improve upon then we will. Pm me your address and ill send one out today for you.

Sent from my 1020 using Tapatalk

pezley

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Just uploading a video of the install for the rear of the 1020. Takes 5 min and 30 seconds. Will post a link shortly. A full instructional video with narration will be done soon but this is just so you can see what goes into fitting it to a 1020

Sent from my RM-875_eu_euro1_209 using Tapatalk

pezley

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
How do you account for the tapered top and bottom of the 1020 when applying rear film? I tried a wet install with another brand and rear film was cut rectangular so I ended up with a bad fit top and bottom, promptly removed and threw away.

the rear film is rectangle with rounded corners. It fits fine. I have thought about bowing out the edges for a more accurate fit but the installation process is harder due to less room for error.

pezley

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
pezley,

Thanks for the video. Looks like the same procedure as putting on window tint.

oddly i helped window tint my friends primers a few weeks ago and you're right, exactly the same procedure except no trimming excess material :)

MrZippo

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Hey Pezley can you make a protector for the xperia z? It's just that I am passing on my zoysia z to my dad and having been impressed with the 1020 protector I rally like to buy one for the xperia z. Thanks

pezley

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi Mr Zippo,

I have your 1020 back to send out today, if you wanted I can add the Experia Z set in the envelope but it will delay sending until tomorrow. let me know and ill send over the payment details

MrZippo

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi Mr Zippo,

I have your 1020 back to send out today, if you wanted I can add the Experia Z set in the envelope but it will delay sending until tomorrow. let me know and ill send over the payment details

That would be great!!!! I don't mind waiting. Sure just send me over the payment details and I will get that sorted for you.
Just to check with you It's the Xperia Z I need not the newer Xperia Z1.
Thanks!!!!!!

darthhen

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

I installed the protector last night.

This is my first wet type protector install so I'm not very good at it. I goofed up on the real protector install. I didn't realize accurate alignment was needed since the rear protector wraps around to the volume/power/camera buttons. It wasn't obvious to me that button alignment consideration was needed from watching the video. But luckily, I was able to salvage it a little. Right after install, the display looked a bit grainy but after it had more time to dry everything was OK. :eek:rly:

Overall, I like the product.

pezley

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi Darthen,

thanks for the feedback. Wet apply on your first go can be a bit tricky !
There are recomendations that you leave the device for up to 24 hours after applying. There's a few reasons for this, first is because you have sprayed water on your electronics, secondly because the adhesive ( please note it's not a glue as such and will not leave residue if removed ) needs to thoroughly dry out before it's crystal clear.

I have PM'd you regarding the back.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss