Considering a 1020 purchase today

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
The one thing about the 1020 that kinda gets left behind in conversations is how it behaves as a smartphone. My short experience was good, but I have heard it is not as crisp or responsive as the 925, 920, or Verizons 928. Be very interested in how everyone finds the day to day performance as their main mobile life line.

Christian Kallevig

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
The screen on the 1020 is a step up from the 920 if you ask me. Colors are more vibrant and it has a wider viewing angle. And as a phone it performs fine. I haven't noticed any slowness compared to my 920

Great deal

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
get one!, I has a 920 and got 1020 3 days ago, went out last night, got drunk, fell over, lost my glasses, had phone in hand and landed on the pavement with it, screen smashed LOL lucky I had insurance!

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
If you don't care about having quad core if you wait 6 months for the refresh 1020; or the 1520 or whatever, get the 1020. The dual core is good enough.

hagjohn

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
The one thing about the 1020 that kinda gets left behind in conversations is how it behaves as a smartphone. My short experience was good, but I have heard it is not as crisp or responsive as the 925, 920, or Verizons 928. Be very interested in how everyone finds the day to day performance as their main mobile life line.

Most of the time my 1020 is lightening fast. Only a few times, did it seem to lag.

immyperez

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Finally managed to get a Yellow 1020 from phones4u. Well impressed with it. To me its my 920 but better in pretty much every way. Love it.

I upgraded from a 920 to a 1020 too. Do you notice you a fuzziness that lasts a second with the apps list when you transition from the home screen? Also, when you have multiple apps open on the 'open apps screen', when I slide between them, there is a tearing of the boxes, like a v-sync issue. And when I swipe down in the wpcentral home page (in the app), it has a similar issue.

I want to know if, like another user reported, it's because of the Amoled screen. Or if my phone, and his, are defective!

Was the 920 screen just better and that's why I'm noticing it? Nokia have told me to go to Nokia. Maybe I should have a shot of the 1020 model at phones4u.

Christian Kallevig

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
I've never noticed the fuzziness, but now that I'm looking for it I can see the tearing you're describing. Although my impression has been that the 1020 has a better screen on the whole. In side-by side comparisons with my 920 is always looks clearer and more vibrant.

immyperez

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
I've never noticed the fuzziness, but now that I'm looking for it I can see the tearing you're describing. Although my impression has been that the 1020 has a better screen on the whole. In side-by side comparisons with my 920 is always looks clearer and more vibrant.

It's not a deal breaker by any margin. I just wanted to know if it was a byproduct of the screen technology. At least now I know it's not just me and the phone is in fact not faulty.

Wish I never noticed it though...my mind won't let me forget, lol.

On the upside, the pictures truly are amazing. Tested against a Sony Xperia Z1 rep (even with the 10x zoom peripheral) and even he was impressed! Although a little frustrated as he eventually challenged me to a waterproof test!

Also, the phone feels so light and the form factor is amazing! Photos do not do it justice. In the flesh, the hump is imo quite attractive in some ways. And holding the phone feels so nice. The hump doesn't make it as awkward as some people attest to. If anything, it helps anchor the phone in my hand.

My friend is apple mad and he never had a bad word to say about it and was very impressed by the 3rd party apps that replace the official apps that have yet to come.

IrRevd

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Well I decided to take the plunge. Much better than my old 8X or current phone L520. Still getting used to it though, will write a review in a couple of days.

Mike_J

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I had a Lumia 920 and loved it - played with a 925 for two weeks but the memory size caused me issues at 16Gb. Purchased the 1020 and absolutely love it - feels like the 920 but lighter and takes fantastic photos. The clarity and definition of the photos is truly amazing - went out and purchased another one for my wife a week later.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786